Server 'blow-out'

Started by frailer, January 03, 2013, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

David

OMG

that is a beast

do the lights in the house dim when he fires it up?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Very well done!

I haven't had the time or money in the last 10 or so years to build another one. My present PC is over 3 years old. I just don't have the drive any longer when my phone is just as fast.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

delooch

Quote from: Farabomb on January 04, 2013, 12:27:11 PMVery well done!

I haven't had the time or money in the last 10 or so years to build another one. My present PC is over 3 years old. I just don't have the drive any longer when my phone is just as fast.

thats how i feel. my days of OC and tweaking pc's are done.  i have one thats main purpose now is the home server. and the recent acquisition of the nexus tablet was the final nail in the coffin for my laptop.

Farabomb

My laptop still does duty as my bedside TV. I screw around with the gaming box from time to time but I still have a whole other rig I haven't unpacked since the move 3 years ago.

The nexus and the S3 get the most use now.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Quote from: delooch on January 04, 2013, 01:23:52 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on January 04, 2013, 12:27:11 PMVery well done!

thats how i feel. my days of OC and tweaking pc's are done.  i have one thats main purpose now is the home server. and the recent acquisition of the nexus tablet was the final nail in the coffin for my laptop.
Same. My gaming rig is easily 3+ years old and aside from the occasional vid card upgrade or new HD, i just can't justify building a new one, even though I could do it for under $500.

Quote from: Davidthat is a beast

do the lights in the house dim when he fires it up?
There was a guy who'd wheel in his box into a local LAN event, and was finally more or less banned because when he fired it up, it'd blow breakers in the hall & take down 15-20 other people on that line. I think he had dual 1500W PSUs in it, iirc. I'll try to find a pic, the thing was the size of a damned college dorm fridge.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

This wasn't the last one of his I saw, that had triple vid cards and was just obscene, but this was about the same size.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

I think it says, "CRAY," on the side.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

is that a bottle of  "soap bubbles" on the coffee table?

what kind of sick nerds are these?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

The beard guy is kinda cute. Do you think he has a gf?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

Quote from: david on January 07, 2013, 02:12:43 PMis that a bottle of  "soap bubbles" on the coffee table?
yeah, someones mom is gonna be hella-pissed if that leaves a ring...