change pantone to CMYK value?

Started by wonderings, January 24, 2020, 07:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

I have attached a sample of the file

Joe

Using the Global Change 'Remap Colors' does remap everything. You have to remember if you are doing any correction in the Inspector it only affects the selected items. Global Change or Actions changes everything from the Global Changes or Actions panel, ie...complete document, current page etc.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 27, 2020, 08:37:02 AM
Using the Global Change 'Remap Colors' does remap everything. You have to remember if you are doing any correction in the Inspector it only affects the selected items. Global Change or Actions changes everything from the Global Changes or Actions panel, ie...complete document, current page etc.

What do you mean by selected items? I was not clicking or highlighting anything when I did it.

I did just try again with these settings. I did not select anything in the PDF, just opened it, went to global changes, did what you see in the screen shot and hit "run"

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 10.58.50 AM by B P, on Flickr

Joe

I thought you tried via inspector the first time which is why I mentioned a selection.

Do it like this:

Joe

I think the method you used above does not work on an image because it just changes a user swatch in the PDF which is vector objects only.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 27, 2020, 10:04:35 AM
I thought you tried via inspector the first time which is why I mentioned a selection.

Do it like this:

Ok that way works, but I do not have an option to input a specific CMYK makeup. I was only using cyan as an easy way to see the desired change. I need to tweak the red to try and match closer what we have on press.

Joe

Doing it like this will change it to the CMYK makeup of the spot color. Then you could change it via CMYK ===> CMYK Global Change however that will not change the value in the image that originally had 032 spot color.