News:

Main Menu

Media Box shift?

Started by frailer, September 22, 2007, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Quite often do quick impos, sometimes from standing Indy Template, for, say, 4up jobs, whatever. If I place 20mm all round, but more importantly at the bottom of the Indy "Page", this will give me the necessary plate grip for the 'setter. All OK if I PS>Distill. Have been trying to Export from Indy, but am finding it's been shifting; sometime 7mm...3mm whatever, so end up with 27, 23... Can't see anything obvious in the Export dialogues where I can lock this in. Still happens even if I turn off all marks, registers etc. [I've placed these with Print Tools already]. I thought the Media Box would have followed the Indy Page size.
One of you veteran PDF Exporters may have an idea.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Hi frailer,

Here is a pretty good read on the different boxes:

http://www.carijansen.com/tips/011/

See if any of that helps out.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Bingo, joe.

...from Cari Jansen, below:

[When using the Export to Adobe PDF option, the MediaBox size will be larger than the BleedBox only when registration marks have been selected (for the number hungry amongst us: 18pt + offset value added to all 4 sides).]

...if set to "automatic", that is.

On one occasion I DID have the rego marks checked in Export. On another occasion, I didn't. There's an interaction in the settings that's causing it. It's bound to be stupidly simple. But getting closer.

Yep, her site's good. wouldn't have anything to do with her being Aussie. [don't forget it's "Ozzy", not "Ossy"]
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

carijansen

With the revamp of my site (to WordPress).

The above tip is now located at:
http://carijansen.com/2003/07/08/mediabox-bleedbox-trimbox-info/

Joe

Quote from: carijansen on March 07, 2008, 08:04:54 PM
With the revamp of my site (to WordPress).

The above tip is now located at:

Welcome to the forum Cari. I've been a fan of your site for awhile now. Great info there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks Cari. It'll be "Stickied" pronto... :grin: Great to have us on your radar!  :cheesy:

jezza

As always on Cari's site, great info. Glad you found us again Cari  :smiley: Welcome aboard
one sick prepress mofo