Printing on a fleece blanket

Started by Skryber, July 21, 2011, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Quote from: Skryber on July 21, 2011, 02:23:12 PMDo any of you know how the "professionals" print to a fleece blanket? We have a flatbed printer/UV cured ink and they want me to print an image to this fabric. I taped a small piece of it to a board and set the thickness way high and the threads still hit the print head and made it look dirty. I'm afraid to screw up the machine. Bossman said to get that adhesive plastic you stick on carpet for open houses to adhere to the back side so that the material will suck down to the bed. I still don't like this idea at all. I can't find anything on the web about it so I thought someone here might have experience with it.

I can totally see down your shirt :naughty:

t-pat

I can totally not see down your shirt, but that's due to a professional cropping job.

Anyway, with that out of the way, re: the fibers hitting the print head - try ironing the fabric first? Or  -- one of them as-seen-on-tv lint shavers?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Skryber

Quote from: tpatterson on July 21, 2011, 03:11:55 PMI can totally not see down your shirt, but that's due to a professional cropping job.

Anyway, with that out of the way, re: the fibers hitting the print head - try ironing the fabric first? Or  -- one of them as-seen-on-tv lint shavers?

There's an idea!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on July 21, 2011, 03:08:56 PMI can totally see down your shirt :naughty:

First thing I checked out, then moved on to the fleece blanket.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 21, 2011, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: G_Town on July 21, 2011, 03:08:56 PMI can totally see down your shirt :naughty:

First thing I checked out, then moved on to the fleece blanket.  :laugh:

Ditto.

:dev2:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Skryber's thinking... "Boys!"   :rolleyes:   Oh, yeah... what Joe said... 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I'm sure it ain't easy being the hottest member on the forum.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on July 21, 2011, 05:43:32 PMI'm sure it ain't easy being the hottest member on the forum.

Wouldn't know, never been there.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Picard is adored by woman worldwide.

Who knew he was a prepress whiz in his spare time?

mattbeals

dye sublimation and then heat transfer.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Skryber

It's sooooo hot. I have my baby's 1st bday party saturday. I hope it cools down.

Quote from: mattbeals on July 21, 2011, 07:57:02 PMdye sublimation and then heat transfer.

Yes. And that's what I told them. Especially for what they want to charge. It's not going to look so great, who knows about putting it in a washing machine, and they are paying me hourly and it will take awhile to get adhesive on the back and create the file, print it hoping it doesn't screw up, and then have someone hem it. It's a lose deal.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

mattbeals

If you don't have the right equipment for it then it'll never work correctly.

Pass it off to these guys to do or partner with them:
http://www.coloradotimberline.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NO_TREE?company=CAR
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.