Need to add page number to odds but not skip numbers

Started by DCurry, April 21, 2020, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Maybe once or twice a month. Sensitive data. So far it's been a couple thousand or less.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

Maybe try Fiverr.com and have someone write a script or something that will accomplish this task for you. I have used their services before for another project, and it only ending up costing $20. Far less than the couple of hours I wasted trying to figuring out how to do it myself. And I still wasn't able to do it.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

delooch

i was going to suggest creating a 2-page master in InD, and create a datalist with your numbers., number the first page, second page blank..

merge that to a pdf, and then you can add it as an overlay layer to your main document.

Acrobat can do this for 1 page as default, not sure how to do multiple in Acrobat, but I know you can do it on multiple with a script - but that's over my head.

I'm occasionally guilty of using sites like ilovepdf.com and tools.pdf24.org -  don't dare upload anything sensitive, but they have a "pdf overlay" function that will merge your original pdf with the numbered pdf you created - and it works.

i happen to be in the shop today, and my test files on my home PC, but ill attach it later -

pspdfppdfxhd

Quite imposing will do the pdf overlay type thing as well, you can skip pages also, last week i used pitstop to %u201Cadd letterhead%u201D to insert a graphic on each page. Not sure if it is related to numbering however. Quite does a great job for doing numbering, i used it once to setup sequential numbering on 4 page documents and you can add a prefix or a suffix. I do not own shares in Quite, it%u2019s just a great pdf tool is all.

pspdfppdfxhd

Whoa, not sure why all that jibberish came in my post.

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

born2print

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

nope, must have beenin the edit message. Lets see...%u201Dquote%u201D.

pspdfppdfxhd

born2print

yup. every email response I get from my mom looks like that and she uses iPhone or iPad 99.9% of the time

pspdfppdfxhd