Acrobat will not edit pic

Started by jimking, May 22, 2008, 09:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Quote from: LRob on May 22, 2008, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: Joe  on May 22, 2008, 10:23:27 AM
Quote from: gnubler on May 22, 2008, 10:09:42 AMI have had similar issues with this and battled with it a lot about five years ago, but don't use that feature in Acrobat very often anymore (mainly because I don't deal with client files now). I've gotten the same error messages, and also having the images open in their full size & resolution and then completely shifting when they're saved back into Acro. Same thing when opening vector images in Illy - shifting after saving back into Acro. I've never pursued the issue because like I said I very seldom do it anymore. Would like to hear more suggestions though.

Yep, as Jim said, they fixed that in a CS2 update somewhere along the line.
I'm using Acro 8 and I have the same shifting problem.
I believe I updated Photoshop, not Acro in order to stop the shifting.
My versions are Acro-7.0.9 and PS-9.02
Joe, I sent you an email. Thanks

Joe

Jim, I got your email. There are no images in the PDF. The two graphics at the top of the 2nd page in the PDF are image masks which I suppose is why they won't open in Photoshop. If you click them and look in the top left corner in the inspector it shows what the object is. You can change the color values of the image mask right in Pitstop with either the inspector or via Pitstop global change. Also, using output preview, change it from showing "All" to just showing "Images" and your whole document will go blank which also shows they are not images. I don't know how the designer did this though. You'd probably need to go back to the original document and see what they've done. My guess is those image masks are some type of clipart thing, maybe a windows metafile. This PDF was made from PageMaker 7 and I've seen a lot of designers placing windows metafiles in it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

Thanks Joe. I've learned a few things from this. Not all images are in-fact what you think they are and learning ways to identify and change them. A matter of fact, I just received a similar job with the same issue, and presto---fixed. Like I said earlier, I've been dealing with images like this for a couple of years at least, and if I couldn't open them in PS or Illy I just would find a work around. Thanks again!