Flatening all transparencies

Started by tapdn, February 18, 2009, 04:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I think we might name that the Official B4P Acrobat 9 Workspace. You're obviously slippin' into Cruise on 9 now Joe.

Nice thinking, though. And, er, the ability to do that had temporarily eluded me.    :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

tapdn

Still trying to get a grasp onto this whole process, so excuse my questions if obvious or basic.
The process they have been using here once the multi-page PDF is created is to (1) Create Links: Advanced/Doc Processinf/create links from URLs and (2) Optimize PDF: Advanced/ PDF Optimizer using settings someone here came up with.
note Transparency box not checked!?

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

I wonder if that's the problemo? :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Problem pdf? Just convert to postscript and distill!

gnubler

I always thought Postscript and PDF could solve any problem. Where's a PDF Master when you need one?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Interesting thread.  Since upgrading to Trueflow 5 in October, Some files I have to throw at it as 1.3, some as 1.6..  there's no effin consistency..  I can't be wasting all this time on checking my work, I got vacations to go on. I need something transparently bulletproof..   

I got bit about 3 weeks ago because of this crap..   luckily, and finally!, the press manager caught it before they took off running.. it was a faint line about an inch long in the border of a picture..  one of those things where on-screen you think it's just one of the preview issues in acrobat, nope...  made it to plate.  :angry:

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

tapdn

Yep... soon as I got pretty much squared away with our Rip requirements and transparencies I get this publishing to web crap and it's apparently a whole new ballgame and to make matters worse I got several "layers" to go thru communicating with the web host people.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on February 19, 2009, 08:49:35 AMStill trying to get a grasp onto this whole process, so excuse my questions if obvious or basic.
The process they have been using here once the multi-page PDF is created is to (1) Create Links: Advanced/Doc Processinf/create links from URLs and (2) Optimize PDF: Advanced/ PDF Optimizer using settings someone here came up with.
note Transparency box not checked!?

Tap, if you check the Transparency box it will flatten the PDF.

As we said earlier though...trust nothing though because any of about a million bad things can happen at any given time.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on February 19, 2009, 10:21:12 AMYep... soon as I got pretty much squared away with our Rip requirements and transparencies I get this publishing to web crap and it's apparently a whole new ballgame and to make matters worse I got several "layers" to go thru communicating with the web host people.

How are they displaying these PDF's on the web page? Or are they just making the PDF available for viewing via the acrobat plugin in the web browser?

tapdn

Don't I know that Joe! Almost every page contains email and website.com links which must remain active and every ad searchable. Reluctant to change anything at this point.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

tapdn

Quote from: Joe on February 19, 2009, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: tapdn on February 19, 2009, 10:21:12 AMYep... soon as I got pretty much squared away with our Rip requirements and transparencies I get this publishing to web crap and it's apparently a whole new ballgame and to make matters worse I got several "layers" to go thru communicating with the web host people.

How are they displaying these PDF's on the web page? Or are they just making the PDF available for viewing via the acrobat plugin in the web browser?

Here's one of the Pubs online- click on the current issue.
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/digitaledition/index-digital.html
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on February 19, 2009, 10:31:03 AM

That is freaking cool. When I clicked the link it said it was installing additional components for my flash player so I guess they are displaying these with Flash. If you can find out any more info I would be interested in exactly how they do that.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on February 19, 2009, 10:37:07 AM
Quote from: tapdn on February 19, 2009, 10:31:03 AM

That is freaking cool. When I clicked the link it said it was installing additional components for my flash player so I guess they are displaying these with Flash. If you can find out any more info I would be interested in exactly how they do that.

I DONT LIKE THINGS THAT RESIZE MY WINDOW!   :angry:    just an fyi..  :kiss:

Edit: the flash part, from what I'm seeing is just the flipping the page..  also, it takes forever to load each page..   also, just an fyi.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled that it installed something on my Mac without asking either but it's still cool.

Edit: The pages loaded fairly quickly for me.

Tracy

sheesh, I never noticed the print production tools on the toolbar in acro 9!
thanks guys! :smiley: