Pdfs without bleed

Started by Tracy, September 23, 2010, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on September 24, 2010, 10:57:48 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 24, 2010, 10:54:46 AMI'm getting ready to leave on vacation out of the country.

The "on vacation" is code for something I don't fully understand. The rageful non-bleed project I had a couple days ago was apparently designed by someone who is not only out of state but on vacation and nobody could get a hold of them.

This is not the first time I've heard the "distant vacationing designer" excuse.

Nor will it be the last. It is the number one excuse I hear, or at least seems like it.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

How come I can't be reached when I'm on vacation?

I've had a 4 day war with a designer about the 400% black they used for the background of a PSD document. Morons.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

you guys, it's not "on Vacation", it's OOTO.

man. get with the program.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on September 24, 2010, 11:02:13 AMHow come I can't be reached when I'm on vacation?

I've had a 4 day war with a designer about the 400% black they used for the background of a PSD document. Morons.

run it! :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Then I'd have to deal with pissy pressmen.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Farabomb on September 24, 2010, 11:54:37 AMThen I'd have to deal with pissy pressmen.

when are they not pissy?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigitalCrapShoveler

Jesus Christ, ain't that the truth! ALWAYS pissy.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

sometimes they're even mad...
and pissy
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Foozball

Quote from: Farabomb on September 24, 2010, 11:02:13 AMHow come I can't be reached when I'm on vacation?

Between a pissy owner and pressman, I tried to "talk" ink levels the other day ... (previously I spent 3 years specializing in photoshop at a newspaper with a MAX ink level of 220%) ... and I got nothing but blank/weird looks off the others in the room.
So the "mystery" of why that job with the neutral black, which prints as a GREEN will continue ...

C98%, M85%, Y97%, and a variable K30-70%,  :banghead:, I just load the stupid press now!

NefariousDrO

Do all of our threads turn into rants? I just spent about 2 hours pleading with our sales rep. to talk to the designer for one of our bigger clients about bleeds (NEVER, EVER are they included in the PDF's but were clearly in the layout!) and got nowhere. In her words "They don't mind paying us for that, and why rattle cages that don't need it?"

DigiCorn

We used to have a customer (and unfortunately may soon have back again) who would "literally be getting on a plane in mere minutes and would be unreachable," and had to have her job delivered within 24 hours. Her jobs were ALWAYS missing fonts, images, had incorrect color callouts, no bleeds (with no way to extend), spelling errors, incorrect dates, etc. ON EVERY JOB. So many problems we could never assume it was okay and run it anyway. Sometimes this woman was getting on a plane several times a week, but was remarkably ALWAYS in San Francisco (where she lived) the next day when the job was late because we had to wait on her. We got fired over this... now it looks like she might be returning to us.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

My response to that would be... "All that tells me is that I am not making your life miserable enough. No problem, I will make sure you know, that when THAT particular customer doesn't want to send bleed, that I don't like it." Then list off his address, phone number and cell number and confirm they are valid. When he asks why, you tell him "my frustration is a 24 hour ordeal, now yours will be as well."
Member #285 - Civilian