News:

Main Menu

Editable PDF's

Started by HappiLarry, April 12, 2016, 10:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Those sound amazing, I like that you can adjust without changing the black to 4c, which can be a problem.
I will check it out, doubtful my boss will go for it, but a girl can dream :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on May 06, 2016, 11:07:09 AMYeah, I use the hide selection quite a bit

It's when I need to edit an image in photoshop that  I can't get thru sometime
why doesn't acrobat have hide selection?

I edit images for ink density- a lot
worst part of the job for me

Tracy, you can select the image on top with Pitstop and hide it and then you can select it with the Edit Object tool. Once you click it with the Edit Object tool the hidden item from Pitstop will return but the object you want to edit will be selected.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Greg_Firestone

Quote from: Tracy on May 06, 2016, 12:55:23 PMThose sound amazing, I like that you can adjust without changing the black to 4c, which can be a problem.
I will check it out, doubtful my boss will go for it, but a girl can dream :laugh:

Tell your boss that it will save the company money (that should help). There are also many print quality benefits. I'll PM you a link to the article I wrote as it might have some useful stuff to convince your boss.

Greg

Joe

Greg. Feel free to post the article here and I'll make a sticky of it. If you don't mind that is.

Greg_Firestone

Quote from: Joe on May 06, 2016, 02:27:50 PMGreg. Feel free to post the article here and I'll make a sticky of it. If you don't mind that is.

Totally! That'd be great. I'll post away.

Joe

Thanks, I have pinned it and will give it a read as soon as the nuts all leave for the weekend here. ;D

Greg_Firestone

Quote from: Joe on May 06, 2016, 02:48:09 PMThanks, I have pinned it and will give it a read as soon as the nuts all leave for the weekend here. ;D

Haha. Thanks again. If it's really bad, you can delete it :-)

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on May 06, 2016, 01:07:57 PM
Quote from: Tracy on May 06, 2016, 11:07:09 AMYeah, I use the hide selection quite a bit

It's when I need to edit an image in photoshop that  I can't get thru sometime
why doesn't acrobat have hide selection?

I edit images for ink density- a lot
worst part of the job for me

Tracy, you can select the image on top with Pitstop and hide it and then you can select it with the Edit Object tool. Once you click it with the Edit Object tool the hidden item from Pitstop will return but the object you want to edit will be selected.
Get outta here! no way!
news to me, I thought when the image returned it wouldn't work
I'm going to try it.

Joe

mattbeals

You can use device links right in PitStop for the specific images, all cmyk images and/or all other cmyk objects. There are various tools that can make the links. Generally you have to buy the link software to make the links. Some vendors sell the particular device links as software.  Using a color server like Greg talked about is a probably the best choice since they are generally more feature rich. But with a link alone, you can achieve much of the same net result at a lower entry point. I can process some samples for you if you like.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

jannatul18

As some of the members here already suggested Acrobat so I am going to add another software name  Wondershare PDFelement where you can create the editable PDF. More information can be found here https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdf-forms/create-pdf-forms.html
Jannatul
Hobbyist photographer |graphic designer|
clipping path service expert