EU Article 13

Started by Joe, June 22, 2018, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Be very afraid of this shit. If it becomes law I can tell you right now B4Print.com will no longer exist.

European Union prepares to wreck internet with new copyright law
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Designia(o_O)

Neither will Facebook or Twitter  :lmao:

ninjaPB_43

No way that will ever pass.... 

Until it does.

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 22, 2018, 11:49:02 AMNo way that will ever pass.... 

Until it does.

:ninja:

That is what they said about the EU GDPR that just went into effect May 25. I considered taking the forum down then but decided to ignore it and take my chances.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on June 22, 2018, 12:10:22 PMThat is what they said about the EU GDPR that just went into effect May 25. I considered taking the forum down then but decided to ignore it and take my chances.

We're 'merican! How would the EU have say-so over anything we do? Are you using european servers for this site? 
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

ninjaPB_43

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 22, 2018, 12:37:21 PMBecky look at her butt! It is SO BIG.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 22, 2018, 12:32:36 PM
Quote from: Joe on June 22, 2018, 12:10:22 PMThat is what they said about the EU GDPR that just went into effect May 25. I considered taking the forum down then but decided to ignore it and take my chances.

We're 'merican! How would the EU have say-so over anything we do? Are you using european servers for this site?

We have members here from the EU so if me, as a website owner, doesn't comply I can be fined.

Article 13 though is even worse as I would have to have filters in place to check every post against an online copyright database and if it came back with a copyright match the post would never get posted. So any post you make would not show up until it passed the test. Which theoretically could take hours.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on June 22, 2018, 12:57:13 PMWe have members here from the EU so if me, as a website owner, doesn't comply I can be fined.

Article 13 though is even worse as I would have to have filters in place to check every post against an online copyright database and if it came back with a copyright match the post would never get posted. So any post you make would not show up until it passed the test. Which theoretically could take hours.

I see.  Well that's just absolutely terrible. I mean, I "get it" in theory to protect the "artist's rights"... but clearly none of the people in the EU voting on it have ever stepped foot into the internet. My guess is a shit ton of site owners such as yourself - pull together to peacefully protest until a players association signs off on a collective bargaining agreement.

Just a wild hunch.. 

Also - there is no new or unique thought left.

https://youtu.be/vt_5wYNkPTI

https://youtu.be/w9vOknq0uys

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 22, 2018, 01:41:25 PMI see.  Well that's just absolutely terrible. I mean, I "get it" in theory to protect the "artist's rights"... but clearly none of the people in the EU voting on it have ever stepped foot into the internet. My guess is a shit ton of site owners such as yourself - pull together to peacefully protest until a players association signs off on a collective bargaining agreement.

Just a wild hunch.. 

Also - there is no new or unique thought left.

https://youtu.be/vt_5wYNkPTI

https://youtu.be/w9vOknq0uys

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

mc hristel

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to turn off the internet? :'(  

That's going to be the only way to comply with this if it passes since, when you get down to it, the internet is just a platform for sharing data between computers/users. Data, of course, is created by people, or generated by programs (created by people), so quite literally everything would be subject to this thing.

Maybe just turn off the internet in the EU?   :shoots_self:

Foozball

What if you use the South Park approach? 
And claim that "every" post here is intended to be humorous? If we all adopted signatures stating "lol" or "Funny, eh?" 

You can't ban attempts at humor, no matter how hard Tom Cruise tries... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKbLquqxBAQ

StudioMonkey

Combination of this and Net Neutrality row in US is a real shitstorm potentially.  Makes me more likely to go dark web.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Designia(o_O)