$2500 execution

Started by ninjaPB_43, December 09, 2008, 11:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

So about a week ago our plates began having lines(well more like gaps) running from side to side on the plates.  I got in touch with Fuji tech support and found out that if the lines are running side to side instead of gripper to tail that the problem is in transmission of information from the server to the platesetter. So, one of only 3 issues could be the culprit.  The PIF board on the server, the PIF board on the platesetter, or the cable connecting the two.  We had tech support ship out all three and when they came in I started by simply switching the cable.  PROBLEM SOLVED!  Whoa!  So I immediately began to think, VARMINTS.   Sure enough, I pulled the old cable out of the ceiling tiles to find(see pictured below)..   I hope that bastard was shocked to death!  The cable is a $2500 PIF cable and so therefore one expensive ass execution!  The cards are being shipped back today.

:ninja2:

Edited for typo.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Squirrel? New Mexico squirrel?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

Your arch rival the Ninja Squirrel strikes again!! :laugh:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Ear

Damn! And I was pissed because they got into my can of hot chocolate the other day.  :laugh:

Steeenkin varmints! We used to have a shop cat but the women got too attached and when it died, we weren't allowed to get another. I miss going into places and working at a place with a shop kitteh.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

ratintrap

PB, didn't you say that you had rats where you work? All I can say is that it wasn't me.

-Rat

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ratintrap on December 09, 2008, 11:16:53 AMPB, didn't you say that you had rats where you work? All I can say is that it wasn't me.

-Rat

Yes, and trust me I won't be running THIS cable over the ceiling tiles, I'm twist tying to the underside, where I can see it and the rats cannot get to it.

edit: oh and the owner was just in, and obviously is pissed..  he's talking about "can we just tape the cable"...    Me:  uhh..  Isn't that a fire hazard?  There are a bunch of colored wires inside the cable that were split too..  Maybe Fuji could fix it...   and send it back and not charge us...   

then we both started laughing and he just left with the old cable, leaving me with the new one..    :laugh: :laugh:   
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

tapdn

Practice celling walk Gnub. :ninja:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

Two words... MOUSE TRAP. Give them something to chew on PB! :evil:
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 09, 2008, 11:28:58 AMTwo words... MOUSE TRAP. Give them something to chew on PB! :evil:

There is tons of one bite up there, and tons of poison around the building..  Trust me, its a problem we've had for a long time and the plant manager has tried his best to control..  There are tons of ethernet cables up there as well..  some of which they already have had to replace, many times..   my network could go out at any momen

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on December 09, 2008, 11:31:54 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 09, 2008, 11:28:58 AMTwo words... MOUSE TRAP. Give them something to chew on PB! :evil:

There is tons of one bite up there, and tons of poison around the building..  Trust me, its a problem we've had for a long time and the plant manager has tried his best to control..  There are tons of ethernet cables up there as well..  some of which they already have had to replace, many times..   my network could go out at any momen

Peanut Butter and Snap Traps. THE ONLY proven method. Trust me. Mice laugh at chemical bullshit!
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

One word. CONDUIT

:laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

I once went to WAR with a rat that was too tough to get caught in a trap!! I worked in a bar, and for a full week he cleaned out the rat trap I had set for him, even came out to "say Hi" one night and hang out as  cleaned up ... I was freakin irate.
 :blowup:

Finally it dawned on me, if he's too tough for A trap to work, why not try TWO?! :grin:
Loaded both traps and set them "face to face" ... both traps had been set off the next morning and never saw that dirty rat again!!

Wish I could have done the same with a few of the customers!  :wink:

tapdn

Quote from: Foozball on December 09, 2008, 11:54:20 AMI once went to WAR with a rat that was too tough to get caught in a trap!! I worked in a bar, and for a full week he cleaned out the rat trap I had set for him, even came out to "say Hi" one night and hang out as  cleaned up ... I was freakin irate.
 :blowup:

Finally it dawned on me, if he's too tough for A trap to work, why not try TWO?! :grin:
Loaded both traps and set them "face to face" ... both traps had been set off the next morning and never saw that dirty rat again!!

Wish I could have done the same with a few of the customers!  :wink:

...and ex wives!
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: tapdn on December 09, 2008, 12:05:57 PM...and ex wives!

I think it's hilarious that a $2500 execution thread turns to "ex wives"  I don't have one, but I'm assuming it'd be worth EVERY PENNY?  :laugh: