Amyuni PDF Converter

Started by ratintrap, November 10, 2009, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Anyone ever heard of this?

Amyuni PDF Converter 4.0

Someone sent us an ad that was done using it today. It basically just rasterized it to 600 dpi RGB. :puke:

Joe

Never heard of it but it does say:

QuoteTrueType® and Type1 (Postscript) fonts can be fully or partially embedded in the PDF document to ensure perfect portability

So you should be able to get a PDF out of it that is not rasterized.

Still, if smells like skunk....
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ratintrap

Who knows what kind of software they used to layout the original document. (MS Paint  :undecided:)

frailer

After getting a 1-bit TIFF image, with the suffix .pdf after it, last week, anything's possible.    :banghead:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

johnny_jay

I know we have received good PDFs from customers that use it. I am not sure of their settings. Our customers that use it are newspapers I believe.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

ratintrap

The file name for the PDF in question was the name of a large metropolitan newspaper in my area. I just assumed that the ad was done by the paper in question until I saw that it was done using Amyuni.

A few years back they put in a new press that is supposed to be one of the most advanced in the country so I assumed they wouldn't be using something like Amyuni. :undecided:

Torix

It's such useful tool. I always use the online file converter. I find in the internet and use it onlineconvertfree.com It's a very easy and convenient.