News:

Main Menu

Dot proof problem

Started by G_Town, July 14, 2008, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

We have several items that are cmyk with a cool gray background (tiff) when making a Fuji proof the cool gray is freaking out and without a better description for it appears to be making the dots appear FM rather than AM screening. I've tried changing the name of the sep, remapping it to an entirely different PMS color with out success.

I replaced the tiff with another file and made another channel cool gray and it comes out ok, I've also tried it over 2 boxes with the same results. The tiff is a flattened file with 5 channels I'm really at a loss as to why this is happening. I narrowed it down to the WF because when  I send it thru a Impo WF it screens fine.

:huh:

WF:

G_Town

Figures no one else has seen this issue...Oh Long!

:tongue:

Joe

I guess maybe I'm not understanding. The original tiff is 5 color? CMYK with a cool gray spot channel? Can you put up a screen shot of your WF screening.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Just talked to Long and apparently it is doing what it is supposed to do.

Yea Joe exactly as you said, what it does is say you are set to 150 round dot, the make dot proof module will screen it that way (the spot) but it will take the 4 color build of the spot and fill whatever screening you are using with FM dots I suppose to try and replicate the color while using the desired screening. Kinda makes sense I guess.

I don't know why I've never noticed before but since this cool gray only breaks apart to K its possible thats why we are seeing it now.

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on July 16, 2008, 01:04:29 PMJust talked to Long and apparently it is doing what it is supposed to do.

Yea Joe exactly as you said, what it does is say you are set to 150 round dot, the make dot proof module will screen it that way (the spot) but it will take the 4 color build of the spot and fill whatever screening you are using with FM dots I suppose to try and replicate the color while using the desired screening. Kinda makes sense I guess.

I don't know why I've never noticed before but since this cool gray only breaks apart to K its possible thats why we are seeing it now.

Well now, your day should be complete. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tuff_gong

"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

G_Town

Quote from: tuff_gong on July 16, 2008, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: G_Town on July 16, 2008, 01:04:29 PMJust talked to Long

Who told you do dat? Dat WRONG!

No Long told me so DAT RIGHT!

YOU WRONG ROUND EYE!

I think Long has mellowed due to the buyout or something because he was very nice and patient..weird :huh:

I recreated it from scratch and it does indeed do it, weird the stuff you don't see.

Well done Long (nobodys looking right)