News:

Main Menu

Font issue

Started by Farabomb, September 28, 2017, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Not sure if this is Adobe, pitstop or just my old ass computer's fault but here we go.

I need to embed fonts but the ones in the system panel aren't reporting correctly. For example font that's named bold actually shows as an italic. Obviously that's not going to work. I've cleaned the font cache with onyx and even tried font explorer but it won't go away. Is there a way to purge all the fonts in acrobat/pitstop?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Maybe at some point someone renamed the italic font bold. What does the preview look like in Font Book or FEX?

Not sure what version of Onyx you have but on mine there is a place to delete the Adobe font caches.

[attachimg=1 width=400]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

The snow leopard version. Yup, that's where I did it but it seemed to come back. I shall try again.

PS, fuck the ad generator for putting up christmas ads already. FFS it's 85 outside.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I was in a Big Lots store two weeks ago and they had their Christmas trees up on display.

Joe

Is it possible someone did this in Indy?

[attachimg=1 width=400]

Farabomb

Nope because it's going from a bold to italic. It's the pitstop font chooser that's the issue.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Looks like you got the Helvetica Blues there.
can you replace that with an open type font?

Farabomb

I can pretty much do whatever I want with the piece since it's internal. I just like to know why something is doing bad things.

This is also the only thing I have to do today so the longer it takes, the less things totally unrelated to printing I have to do.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on September 28, 2017, 09:20:31 AMI can pretty much do whatever I want with the piece since it's internal. I just like to know why something is doing bad things.

This is also the only thing I have to do today so the longer it takes, the less things totally unrelated to printing I have to do.

Going back to my original thought. Did someone rename HelveticaNueue-Italic to HelveticaNueue-Bold? Try using that HelveticaNueue-Bold in TextEdit and see if comes out bold or italic.

Farabomb

It shows correct in fontbook but in pitstop the bold and italic seem to be swapped. Works right in text edit. I can get it to work in pitstop if I choose italic, I'll get bold but that's not the right way. This PDF is already screwed up as it is. This is because the owner of a print shop didn't think to get the native files...

Oh, a PDF will be fine. Yeah, that's fine if we were printing it but for internal media, get the natives dipshit.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I'm out of guesses then. It is probably something Obama did.

Farabomb

Haven't you heard Joe? There is a new scapegoat for all our problems.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Actually there are two of them. Just depends on how far right or left you go.

Farabomb

I was talking about the NFL.  ;)

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job