Numbering Pages Slows Scrolling Speed.

Started by Blaze1, November 29, 2018, 04:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaze1

Hi

I'm not sure if this issue exists in other versions of Adobe Acrobat (I'm using Pro DC), but when using the "Page Labels..." function, to incorporate a more detailed and specific numbering system e.g page 1 is labelled Title, 2 to 4 is labelled A to C, the next 10 pages use Roman numerals i to x and chapters/section use the format 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 etc, followed by Glossary and Index pages which are labelled as such, I find that scrolling through the pages (I use the left and right arrows on my keyboard, so not continuous scrolling) becomes a little more laboured, with Adobe struggling with smoothness.  Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix.

NOTE:
If I simply number the pages 1, 2, 3, 4 etc the problem goes away.

Joe

I've noticed it when customers do that with their numbering. My fix is to change to 1 through whatever as Prinergy wipes out the numbering system anyway.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Blaze1

Quote from: Joe on November 29, 2018, 08:14:00 AMI've noticed it when customers do that with their numbering. My fix is to change to 1 through whatever as Prinergy wipes out the numbering system anyway.
Thanks Joe.  I was considering doing just that.  I've discovered that rather than editing my files adopting the simplified convention, I can just uncheck "Use logical page numbers" in Preferences.  Adobe will then just display simple numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on and now scrolling speed is back to being fast and responsive.

Joe

Thanks for that tip. Didn't realize there was a setting for that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.