Started by t-pat, February 20, 2013, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

I get her folding email vids every week. :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on February 20, 2013, 11:34:39 AMI get her folding email vids every week. :evil:

fascinating subject, eh? I'll have to subscribe. This one was sent companywide so I was "required" to watch it. Still, informative and better than some old cigarette stained geezer mailing dude explaining it.
vdp donkey

delooch

i got to attend a seminar at the local post office to review the updates. i believe almost everyone in the room was my nemesis client,  bitching about how they were going to get thier 8 page shitty church newsletters to comply.  :shoots_self:  ill never do that again, ill just watch the video.

we do these legal notices as self-mailers, one side is 8.5x11 all text, the other side is the mailing panel and an 8x8" map. being how the addy panel has to be in the middle now, it breaks the map up, so now i have to print it on legal size to keep the map together, and i end up with  a blank 8.5x3.5 area on both sides.  plus now i have to reset the folder to accomodate the fold on the legal size sheet.   :death:

Ear

Good vid, T. Thanks. The mail dept expects me to know this crap and I always struggle with being interested enough to learn.  :rolleyes: I think I actually have it now.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Slappy

Trish! I've met her a few times, she's local & visited the last shop once in a while. Very nice and really knows her stuff. We had one of our DI pieces featured on her Fold Of The Week a while back, I'll have to see if that vid makes any more sense out of this USPS crap. We've already been burned on one 30M run, although I think the mailhouse was full of crap & could have made it work. They decided here to reprint the whole job instead.  :rolleyes:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

t-pat

the video is pretty clear, it's easy to understand. Maybe even for clients!
vdp donkey

dubstep

@ 2:32 ... "11 and a half by 6 and an eighth that *DOUBLE WINK* we used to be able to do"

:naughty:

Farabomb

She's got a little bit of a Jane Curtin thing going.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Patterson! Perfect timing on this. I just meow received art and print order for a 100,000+ print and bulk mail piece (we do monthly), and the thing was not only the wrong size but oriented incorrectly for the new regs. I noticed, called the designer and saved a HUGE mess at the post office. All thanks to you posting that video. CHEERS BRO!
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

t-pat

Quote from: Earendil on February 20, 2013, 04:44:46 PMPatterson! Perfect timing on this. I just meow received art and print order for a 100,000+ print and bulk mail piece (we do monthly), and the thing was not only the wrong size but oriented incorrectly for the new regs. I noticed, called the designer and saved a HUGE mess at the post office. All thanks to you posting that video. CHEERS BRO!

glad to help. I'll keep posting stuff as I receive it from our mailing people.
vdp donkey

Ear

Last one we did was in December. Must have snuck it in just b4 the new regulations took hold.

t-pat

Quote from: Earendil on February 20, 2013, 04:57:04 PMLast one we did was in December. Must have snuck it in just b4 the new regulations took hold.

yeah they just started enforcing them this year
vdp donkey

Ear

Reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. NO MAIL FOR YOU!  :whip:

gnubler

Near the end she said "Got it?" and I said "no."

Why is everything so complicated?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david