News:

Main Menu

Windows 11

Started by Possum, April 25, 2022, 10:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

My system keeps bugging me to upgrade to Windows 11. Has anybody had any problems with it?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Runs great for me. Unless you have a fairly new PC that boots with EFI instead of a BIOS and is configured correctly and specifically for Windows 11 it probably won't let you install it though. You will need to download software to check your PC to see if it is configured for it and if not it will tell you what you need to do to get it to install. Download this and run it on your PC to find out if Windows 11 can be installed on it.

DOWNLOAD PC HEALTH CHECK APP
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I have 3 desktop PCs and 3 laptops running 10, and NONE of them are capable of upgrading to 11.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I've got a new Dell that's not even a year old. I'll check it anyway, thanks for the checker. I've just grown so wary of upgrading stuff and possible bugs over the years. Of course, I'm not running anything complicated anymore like Adobe stuff, but I still have the mindset of not replacing stuff that still works, even operating systems. That's what comes from being raised by someone who lived through the Depression.

Joe

Even new pc's usually fail the test but it will tell you what settings need to be changed. The most common one is usually TPM is not enabled.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

I ran that checker. Mine is ready. Gee, I'm up to date for once!