mirroring guides

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 12, 2022, 08:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

GOT IT! THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE ALL! ;D

David

I live by X & Y coordinates, started years ago when I was a CAD operator, everything was in X, Y or Z numbers. Got used to using 4 decimal places as well.

I never really trusted guides, since the can be put anywhere, with no actual precision. Even with that, I use guides all the time.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: David on October 17, 2022, 10:46:09 AMI live by X & Y coordinates, started years ago when I was a CAD operator, everything was in X, Y or Z numbers. Got used to using 4 decimal places as well.

I never really trusted guides, since the can be put anywhere, with no actual precision. Even with that, I use guides all the time.
InDesign guides have x coordinates. You can type in the exact coordinates you want. Like 6.8375" That is usually how I create my guides so it is precise instead of just close by eyeballing. Prepressers that eyeball things annoys me.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on October 17, 2022, 10:35:56 AMGOT IT! THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE ALL! ;D
Now during end of the world times you know how to mirror your guides when the script is no longer available on the planet.

Scripts are for sissies! Reminds me of kids that can't tell you what 6 x 7 equals unless they have a calculator. :rotf:

:gom:

pspdfppdfxhd

I was thinking that myself. End of world times is possible....or on a brighter note, what if an update of Indesign renders the script useless. Well, there's a backup now!

Artificial intelligence will seriously degrade human intelligence in time. 6 x 7 = 42 by the way. (had to check it with the calculator to be sure! haha)

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on October 17, 2022, 11:00:44 AM6 x 7 = 42 by the way.
Correct. Now Evaluate the following expression (without using Google)

a) (3 + 2i) - (8 - 5i)

pspdfppdfxhd

2i? What the hell is "i".

(drumroll.....punchline?)

Joe

The letter between h and j. ;D

born2print

It's the square root of -1... hence an imaginary number... whatever the hell they're good for?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

I still don't know how I got though my one high school class of algebra. I never understood any part of it.

born2print

Lol, my bane was trigonometry. I took it 3 times.
I got a D, then a C in high school, then a B in Jr. College.
I think it has something to do with circles??

David

when I was a CAD operator, I learned more about trig than I did in school.

had to figure out the x/y coordinates of a point on a circle

:o
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

That makes sense, needing it vs being force fed. :thumbsup:

madbugger

Quote from: Joe on October 17, 2022, 10:53:17 AMInDesign guides have x coordinates. You can type in the exact coordinates you want. Like 6.8375" That is usually how I create my guides so it is precise instead of just close by eyeballing. Prepressers that eyeball things annoys me.
Probably my biggest pissoff, lazy designer %$#@s who don't use coordinates to create borders, picture boxes, type boxes etc.

I soon fix that with any new designer that joins our workforce, they very quickly get sick of having to redo their artwork on every job once it is signed off and hits platemaking. I just keep sending it back until it's fixed.

None of this .25, .5 or .75 of a mm bullshit either, use whole numbers, (there are 25.4 to an inch, so full mm are a small enough increment for anyone), and our paper sizes are predominately full mm, so get it right from the start.

Triggers my CDO (OCD for you others, I've gotta have the letters in the correct order  ;D) something fierce. Wanna push my buttons, that is how you do it.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

Tracy

I'm an xy coordinate girl I would think most prepressers are because were tedious  ;D