Delta tower formated hd

Started by prepressure, March 10, 2010, 04:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

i've formated my  delta tower HD(i connected it with pc using SCSI card of my rip)
but when i start delta control it shows only this:DELTA TOWER: initializing (it stays like this for hours)
and in event log it says DELTA TOWER DEVICE DRIVER NOT LOADED:OFFLINE MODE IS ACTIVE

frailer

I think there are a couple of veterans of the Delta Towers War, prepressure. They'll be limping back in soon.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

prepressure

""""""""""""""I think there are a couple of veterans of the Delta Towers War, prepressure. They'll be limping back in soon""""""""""""""""

I dont think so???
I dont really get it, does nobody knows my problem or they dont dont really like to share it with me??
I'm bored really bored, my imagesetter is stucked for weeks and i dont get any response
Thanks anyway for your support. :cool:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Fortunately, most of us have left that world far behind Prepressure. I used to roll the Delta, but man, it's been so long, I can't remember. You need to call Heidelberg.
Member #285 - Civilian

prepressure

you're completly right DigitalCrapShoveler but i'm in position when i cant afford to buy a new imagesetter, im working for a printing house and my boss dont even want to talk about buying a new imagesettter or platesetter, its really frustratiing isn't it!!I must rebulid the prepress departament from scratch(who knows how many persons used that imagesetter before,)
Thanks for your sincerity DigitalCrapShoveler

DigitalCrapShoveler

Well, I just don't want you to feel we are not trying to help you. If I had the answers, or access to them, I would be more than willing to share. I am really sorry Bro. I do have an associate I see from time to time who is an expert on Delta. Unfortunately, he was laid off from AGFA, and has not been seen in some time. If he pops his head in, I will do my best to remember to ask him. Hang in there.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: prepressure on March 10, 2010, 04:02:28 AMi've formated my  delta tower HD(i connected it with pc using SCSI card of my rip)
but when i start delta control it shows only this:DELTA TOWER: initializing (it stays like this for hours)
and in event log it says DELTA TOWER DEVICE DRIVER NOT LOADED:OFFLINE MODE IS ACTIVE

It's been a long time since I've used a Delta as well but looking at the error message it appears it needs the device driver for the delta loaded which if I remember correctly, would be a WIN NT 3.51 driver it's looking for. Do you have any drivers disks lying around anywhere for the Delta?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.