CS 5.1 Installer?

Started by AaronH, July 22, 2020, 01:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Does anyone know where I can find a full installer for Photoshop CS5.1? I have the disks for Design Suite Premium for 5.5 but don't have a cd drive in either of my computers. I just bought a Surface Pro 7 a couple months ago and have since learned that I can't download old installers anymore through Adobe. I also don't have the serial number on my account because its a physical copy I got from work (we were going to throw it out).

I'd rather not have to buy a CD drive if I don't have to. I'm probably out of luck huh?
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

If you know someone with a cd drive or have a work computer with a cd drive you should be able to make an .iso of the cd and then extract the iso to a usb thumb drive. Then install it from there. Is this on Windows or a Mac?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

I hadn't thought about an ISO. Its for Windows.

Joe

You might just be able to copy all files from the CD to a thumb drive on Windows if you can get to a PC with a cd drive.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

You *may* not be able to install the software. Adobe has disabled activation over the internet for many older products and I just ran into this a few weeks back. Even with original disks and valid serial numbers, they cannot get authorization from Adobe to install so you end up just stuck at the screen where you enter the serial numbers. Good luck, tho
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 22, 2020, 10:51:06 PM
You *may* not be able to install the software. Adobe has disabled activation over the internet for many older products and I just ran into this a few weeks back. Even with original disks and valid serial numbers, they cannot get authorization from Adobe to install so you end up just stuck at the screen where you enter the serial numbers. Good luck, tho

Fun... :sarcasm: Well I think its time to check out alternatives then. I have Krita for painting on the Surface, but it has a learning curve. Intuitive for the most part but the brush engine seems to have a lot more options than photoshop had (no idea now, we barely use it at work besides converting to CMYK or Grayscale occasionally).