Image Editing split photos

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, November 17, 2021, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I wonder if there is an efficient way of editing split photos a pdf. For example, I have an 80 page pdf that is going to need extensive color correction on a lot of photos. Problem is, all the photos are split. Some have 2 sections, some have 4 or more. If i shift select, they open in Illustrator and how do you manage curves with that? What i have done in the past is correct one section, save the curve and apply it to the other parts. With this pdf it would be pretty daunting. I will have to create a new pdf using Indesigns place multi page pdf to get crop marks (there are no bleeds) and wonder if this will kind of normalize the pictures into one section each. I haven't tried that yet. The pdf was created in some shit-ass pdf creator out there. Not Publisher, but i know it does the same thing.

Oh, I get paid by the hour so saving 500 curves or so to the desktop to manage the corrections might bump up the overtime.  :drunk3:

Joe

If you had the latest Pitstop it has a rasterize function. You select all pieces and tell it to make them into 1 image. I use it quite often when some genius sets up pages in Photoshop and you end up with a layered mess with 50 images. It convert layers in Photoshop to images in the PDF.

Below is what it looks like to convert all those images into a single image once you have all of the pieces selected.

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Alas, we are not up to date with Pitstop so that's not an option.

However, you got me thinking. I shift selected the parts of the image and opened it in Illustrator. Selected all and used the rasterize command. It works too. (Just tried one, not saying it will work for every situation but it might).

Thanks!!!

pspdfppdfxhd

Some of the things we end up doing to get things done. I swear most of us must be on the spectrum.  :drunk3:

born2print

I have a saying for times like that:
Given enough time and money, we can do anything...
It works in my favor and the push back for better files or whatever happens because guess what 2 things clients DON'T have?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on November 18, 2021, 04:05:42 PM
I have a saying for times like that:
Given enough time and money, we can do anything...
It works in my favor and the push back for better files or whatever happens because guess what 2 things clients DON'T have?
Given enough time, any distance is walking distance.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway