Starting off...

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, March 05, 2008, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on March 16, 2011, 06:22:52 PMHere I go...opening Quark 8 for a web design job. Help me! :cry:

Crap. One of your last posts and not a further word. Are you OK? Has it triggered armageddon?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 16, 2011, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 16, 2011, 06:22:52 PMHere I go...opening Quark 8 for a web design job. Help me! :cry:

Crap. One of your last posts and not a further word. Are you OK? Has it triggered armageddon?

Doofus sent us a Quark document and asked if we could make a web site out of it? Hell yes, give me my pills and I'll get right on it. :death:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

This is new. Thanks Quark.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on March 16, 2011, 10:19:14 PMDoofus sent us a Quark document and asked if we could make a web site out of it? Hell yes, give me my pills and I'll get right on it. :death:

Joe, just save it as a JPG and be done with it.  :laugh: Easy peasy.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 16, 2011, 11:17:26 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 16, 2011, 10:19:14 PMDoofus sent us a Quark document and asked if we could make a web site out of it? Hell yes, give me my pills and I'll get right on it. :death:

Joe, just save it as a JPG and be done with it.  :laugh: Easy peasy.

As GREAT as Quark is there is no option to save a Quark page as a JPEG. I guess I could save it as an EPS and then change it to a jpeg but it seems like a lot of trouble just to end up with garbage.

gnubler

Just Photoshop it and send it to the FTP. Done.  :laugh:

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 16, 2011, 10:21:34 PMThis is new. Thanks Quark.
Racial profiling by the Quack?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 11, 2011, 01:00:24 PMIt's nice & clean looking.

I'm testing out this template right now: http://www.bestofjoomla.com/index2.php?option=com_bestoftemplate&task=demo&no_html=1&id=3335

Of course, making all the lovely ladies go away and installing a different slideshow module.

Did you make any progress on this? I have downloaded the theme and have some javascript slide show examples to try to replace the flash. But if you've already done something it would be much easier for me to just get a copy of yours! :laugh:

gnubler

I am in fact using it and the word today was that "the customer loves it". Of course there's a meeting schedule for me to sit down with the clientele to go over everything, at which point it will be further raped beyond recognition.

But I would love to share it with you.  :laugh: I'll send you a PM link later this week.

Joe

Joe

Hey gnub,

Clearing the cobwebs from my Joomla hangover this morning...If you haven't already, give JT SlideShow a try as a replacement for that built in Flash header in that template. It is very full featured for a freebie and works great on Joomla 1.5.

Also, I found a couple of Joomla template sites with loads of free templates and some are pretty decent:

http://www.themesbase.com/Joomla-Templates/?version=0&order=&page=1

and

http://www.lonex.com/content-management-system/joomla/templates/joomla-themes-page-1.html

gnubler

Thanks. I'll be working on it this afternoon and will send you a linky once I make a bunch of changes. I had decided to dump the free slideshow because it only allows 5 images and our client wants like 500 images.  :laugh: Just joking.

So, does anyone else have customers who upload a 165Mb ZIP full of images, then within that ZIP there's a 135Mb mystery file called Ndkwo3dk or something...which ends up being another ZIP full of the exact same batch of pics?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love it.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 25, 2011, 10:37:05 AMThanks. I'll be working on it this afternoon and will send you a linky once I make a bunch of changes. I had decided to dump the free slideshow because it only allows 5 images and our client wants like 500 images.  :laugh: Just joking.

So, does anyone else have customers who upload a 165Mb ZIP full of images, then within that ZIP there's a 135Mb mystery file called Ndkwo3dk or something...which ends up being another ZIP full of the exact same batch of pics?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love it.

The JT SlideShow I linked to you will allow you to have any amount of images.