OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) & Artpro

Started by ScottyGriffin, September 02, 2009, 03:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyGriffin

Has anybody tried ArtPro or any other Esko/Artwork software in Snow Leopard yet?

PrepressN00b

This is from a esko email that was sent out

QuoteThe following released software will be fully supported on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and is currently running without known problems:

ArtPro 9.5 Universal
NexusEdit 9.5 Universal. Please note that Insight needs Rosetta. Although Rosetta is included on the Mac OS 10.6 installation DVD, it is an optional installation. Please install Rosetta if you want to run Insight Mac OS 10.6.
Neo 2.11 Universal
DeskPack 7R6
ArtPrinter 9.5 Universal
PowerLayout 9.5 Universal
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

PrepressN00b

sounds like the discontinued apple talk in snow leopard. Im guessing that is why they are holding off on the workflows (nexus & odystar)
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

ScottyGriffin

Thanks for the info. I spoke to a guy from Esko the other day who just pointed me to their website which only mentions up to 10.5 for supported OS's. And yes, they have definitely binned off AppleTalk support in Snow Leopard, didn't know anything about that until we upgraded.

PrepressN00b

Quote from: ScottyGriffin on September 03, 2009, 02:45:49 AMThanks for the info. I spoke to a guy from Esko the other day who just pointed me to their website which only mentions up to 10.5 for supported OS's. And yes, they have definitely binned off AppleTalk support in Snow Leopard, didn't know anything about that until we upgraded.

Seriously. I had no idea that they were discontinuing appletalk. Thanks for the heads up Apple. Not sure if anybody has updated the website in a while. I was noticing the same thing the other day when looking at the minimum requirements.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

beermonster

FROM an invite to a seminar i just got....

7th Annual Software Seminar: Topics and Registration
Servers
We will show for the first time in the UK the new Workflow Automation Engine - this will replace Nexus and BackStage in 2010 and Odystar in 2013.

seems they are replacing a few things
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

PrepressN00b

Quote from: beermonster on September 04, 2009, 08:21:51 AMFROM an invite to a seminar i just got....

7th Annual Software Seminar: Topics and Registration
Servers
We will show for the first time in the UK the new Workflow Automation Engine - this will replace Nexus and BackStage in 2010 and Odystar in 2013.

seems they are replacing a few things

This would be "Automation Engine 10"

While it will be replacing Nexus & Odystar, it incorporate both of their feature sets. Artpro automation will be there, Odystars advanced routing and PDF automation will be there.

also, those dates are not accurate. There are no plans to stop development on Nexus anytime soon.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

beermonster

just copied and pasted from the invite to the conference - dates wrong? invite wrong.

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

PrepressN00b

Quotethis will replace Nexus and BackStage in 2010 and Odystar in 2013.

These were the dates that I am referring to.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software