News:

Main Menu

Considering XMF

Started by Grimace, March 03, 2010, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimace

$10,000 U.S. a year.

The decision to opt out will probably come from the owner.

frailer

You've just prompted me to check on the annual fee...once our first year's up, in 6 months.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Marktonk

Grimace,

If that is the price for only the CtP service, you may want to consider the Heidelberg Suprasetter A75.. What plate sizes do you use? This is also available as a A52 for two up presses. The laser system is consider one of the most advanced. We do take pride in that we designed and manufacture it ourselves along with our own Adobe base workflow. Even our imposition sw is our own. By the way, we drive the proofers from our MetaDimension, same rip we use to image plates for greater integrity.   http://www.heidelberg.com/www/html/en/content/products/prepress/suprasetter/suprasetter_a52_a75

If you have any questions or if I can be of any help, please let me know.

Regards,

Mark

Quote from: Grimace on April 07, 2010, 10:26:43 AM$10,000 U.S. a year.

The decision to opt out will probably come from the owner.
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Marktonk

Hi Grimace,

I forgot to mention we do bundle a debris removal system with a filter good for up to 25,000 sq. meters of plate material...this is over 55,000 30" plates. You will not need the laser optics cleaned as often as a system without debris removal. The Suprasetter is the greenest thermal CtP out, it only using 700 watts, less than a hair dryer. This adds to a much lower electric bill saving $$$. Couple that with our Chemfree 101 plates and  you have one green system.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Grimace

Quote from: Marktonk on April 08, 2010, 07:53:50 AMHi Grimace,

I forgot to mention we do bundle a debris removal system with a filter good for up to 25,000 sq. meters of plate material...this is over 55,000 30" plates. You will not need the laser optics cleaned as often as a system without debris removal. The Suprasetter is the greenest thermal CtP out, it only using 700 watts, less than a hair dryer. This adds to a much lower electric bill saving $$$. Couple that with our Chemfree 101 plates and  you have one green system.

Regards,

Mark
One of our criteria for any new device is having a contact/service person in our immediate area.
Do you have somebody in the Seattle area?

abehayhurst

Grimace,

I am your local Heidelberg representative for Seattle.

Send me an email and I will stop by this week and introduce myself.

Thanks,

Abe Hayhurst

frailer

I've mentioned the 3D Java-based proofing earlier in this thread. We do what is essentially a print job for a New York based company, which is running a mainstream musical here based on a famous book. I shouldn't get more specific...
We can by-pass our in-house head dezinger on this....deal direct with NY fro proofing. We just included a 3D file of the job on the latest one.

Here is a quote from the NY person approving...."And P.S. the 3D file proofing is really awesome."...

But our in-house person has barred me from sending any to her.  We can impress an actuall NYer, but not her. Cute.    :rolleyes:  ...and end of rant, for now.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Grimace

Quote from: abehayhurst on April 13, 2010, 06:17:08 PMGrimace,

Thanks,

Abe Hayhurst

Sorry for the late reply, but I'll have to say "No, thanks" for now.
Cheers!

gnubler

Quote from: Grimace on April 16, 2010, 10:00:55 AM

Thanks,

Abe Hayhurst

Cheers!

Whoa! 
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Grimace

Quote from: gnubler on April 16, 2010, 09:58:41 PM
Quote from: Grimace on April 16, 2010, 10:00:55 AM

Thanks,

Abe Hayhurst

Cheers!

Whoa!
Whoa! to who?

Was I rude?

David

no, it's the lack of rudeness...

can't have that around here...
before you know it, everybody will try to be polite and stuff, then it will all be ruined.

Doomed

LOL
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: david on April 19, 2010, 02:22:26 PMno, it's the lack of rudeness...

before you know it, everybody will try to be polite and stuff, then it will all be ruined.

Doomed

LOL

I agree, David. At the very least he should have thrown a red-faced tantrum and stuck out his tongue. C'mon, man, at least try to act like you're 12, FFS!  :angry:

Grimace

Quote from: youston on April 20, 2010, 05:45:56 AM
Quote from: david on April 19, 2010, 02:22:26 PMno, it's the lack of rudeness...

Doomed

LOL

I agree, David. At the very least he should have thrown a red-faced tantrum and stuck out his tongue. C'mon, man, at least try to act like you're 12, FFS!  :angry:

I'll do that in the rants threads!  :cool: