Cannot be opened with this version of PS?

Started by G_Town, November 02, 2007, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Anyone have this happened when trying to open a file? I've seen articles that say it's a network issue when saving the file, Adobe's fix is to have you copy to your desktop make the change and copy back :P

That aint gonna happen, anyway I have been able to get the file to open a couple of ways but loose my layers and doc size.

Anyone know a way to completely recover the PS doc?

Thanks

G_Town

Joe

Well I haven't seen this issue since about PS 4. Then it was a duplex problem on an Asante network card which is most likely not the case here. As far as recovering the PS file...you could see if the PS temp file is still there. If not I don't think you can get it back.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

MonkeyBoy

I seem to remember something like that. I've used Graphic Converter to fix my files. I once was able to open a .psd file into Graphic Converter when Photoshop itself couldn't open it.
Not sure that's going to be the right answer for you but I hope things work out.

G_Town

Yea i was able to open it in GC also as well as illy but they both flatten the layers and mess with the doc size so when it came time to make a color adjustment everything kind got wacked out of position.

Its all good now since I was able to retrieve and recrop it in the file.

Do you think it flattens or discards the layers (they were just adjustment layers so I'm not 100% either way).