News:

Main Menu

Vegas

Started by Foozball, August 10, 2010, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

Currently on holiday in Vegas (3 year belated Honeymoon), this place is awesome!

Got home 2am, back out at 7.30am for breakfast and bloody mary's ... UGH - gonna hurt when this catches up with me. :death: but it is good now!

Any of you ever worked or know people who have worked here? It's awesome and we're "loosely" talking about moving, so I could use some feedback!
Thanks in advance for ANY posts replies, etc...
Back in a few more days...

DigiCorn

We used to do some work with Superior, http://www.superiorlitho.com/contact.html, but not lately. I doubt they'd remember me. In my design days, I used to do the Selix tuxedo catalogs there. I have a cousin who's a dental hygenist there, and my Uncle is a building contractor (does some of the high-rises) in Vegas, but that won't help you.

My friends got divorced and they have a time-share for Marriott Vegas. Maybe they'll sell it to you if you don't want to move. And I highly recommend seeing Carrot Top at the Luxor. It's an adult show, and it's surprisingly very good.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I used to work with a guy that just up and quit his job in printing, making a pretty good buck at the time, for the lights of Las Vegas. He didn't even have a job lined up. Went out there and took on various jobs from dealing black jack to driving a cement truck. He loves it there. Still lives there. Retired now. I hear from him occasionally.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I also forgot... somewhere near the Aladdin is a Brazillian restaurant. I recommend the "Parade of Meats" and the sangria. It's like $36 per person, all you can eat, and the meat is damn good - totally worth it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Um, Las Vegas is doomed...

I would not recommend moving there unless you have something stable set up.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

are you kidding?, you have to be a lizard to live there, the heat is unbearable, have you been outside?

David

but it's a dry heat...

s'ok
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on August 10, 2010, 11:58:41 AMare you kidding?, you have to be a lizard to live there, the heat is unbearable, have you been outside?
Quote from: david on August 10, 2010, 12:00:21 PMbut it's a dry heat...

s'ok
For anyone from the Central Valley of CA or Phoenix, it's very nice and tolerable... Except on the days it gets windy.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

how 'bout if you're from Texas where it's over 100 for weeks on end (not the dry heat, the humidity is around 65-75%)...

is it that hot?

hell, even the lizards hide from this heat.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Yeah, Vegas can be fun if you're on vaca...but everyone I've ever known who actually lives there say they very seldom go out to the Strip. It's a total tourist trap.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

A blowtorch is a dry heat as well...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Quote from: gnubler on August 10, 2010, 12:09:53 PMYeah, Vegas can be fun if you're on vaca...but everyone I've ever known who actually lives there say they very seldom go out to the Strip. It's a total tourist trap.
Right, except the buffets  :laugh:

I have a friend from way back that settled there years ago, ended up dealing cards as it was a better living than using his hotel management degree  :huh:
He would take me to play "where the locals go" and it was kinda like N Lampoon's Vegas Vacation, "guess which hand" "war" "pick a number"
Anyways, I wouldn't want to raise kids there, right gnubler?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on August 10, 2010, 10:36:17 AMI recommend the "Parade of Meats" - totally worth it.

Not really. I tried something similar when I went once, ended up in some penthouse suite, and afterward couldn't sit down for a week.

Luckily, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! (except things like STDs, etc)

gnubler

Quote from: born2print on August 10, 2010, 12:50:35 PMAnyways, I wouldn't want to raise kids there, right gnubler?

Only if you want them to be surrounded with the sleaze of the country. You'll have to explain what prostitution is when most other kids are still watching Barney. Most of LV is pretty trashy. (I tend to fit in quite well there)

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on August 10, 2010, 12:58:14 PM
Quote from: born2print on August 10, 2010, 12:50:35 PMAnyways, I wouldn't want to raise kids there, right gnubler?

Only if you want them to be surrounded with the sleaze of the country. You'll have to explain what prostitution is when most other kids are still watching Barney. Most of LV is pretty trashy. (I tend to fit in quite well there)

I just saw a top ten worst places to live and Vegas was like 3 or 4.

Housing collapse started there, unemployment is high and have you ever seen CSI? People get murdered there ALL the time, and usually with some weird twist. :undecided: