Previous topic - Next topic

How much do you make per Hr?

$10-13
$14-16
$17-20
$21-25 (or salary)
$26 or salary

The Stevinator

dont worry, i have a 12gauge too, with plenty of slugs.  but that's for home invasion.  im just in he process of quantifying why i'm worth more money.  so, this thread is good.  but it still sucks to know your getting screwed.
SJM

kermit

Quote from: The Stevinator on September 20, 2007, 10:41:05 AMdont worry, i have a 12gauge too, with plenty of slugs.  but that's for home invasion.  im just in he process of quantifying why i'm worth more money.  so, this thread is good.  but it still sucks to know your getting screwed.
I was kidding. We don't want you to die. Matrix needs you to to be a fighter!
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: The Stevinator on September 20, 2007, 10:41:05 AMdont worry, i have a 12gauge too, with plenty of slugs.  but that's for home invasion.  im just in he process of quantifying why i'm worth more money.  so, this thread is good.  but it still sucks to know your getting screwed.

yep, just provide valid explanation/proof, that your value is higher than they are currently paying you and it becomes a win/win for management to "keep you happy/productive"..   

GOOD LUCK!!   its time for me as well, no pay increase here since Nov 05'!!   :o

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

pspdfppdfxhd

we need more voters....

come on people, i heard there are over 100 members out there

30YearsandCounting

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos230.htm
This is from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics:

"Median hourly earnings of prepress technicians and workers were $15.30 in May 2004. The middle 50 percent earned between $11.69 and $20.01 an hour. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $9.06, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $24.82 an hour.

For job printers, median hourly earnings were $15.41 in May 2004. The middle 50 percent earned between $12.00 and $20.04 an hour. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $9.57, while the highest 10 percent earned more than $24.05 an hour.

Median hourly earnings in commercial printing, the industry employing the largest number of prepress technicians and workers, were $15.91 in May 2004, while the figure for these workers in the newspaper, periodical, and book publishing industry was $14.22 an hour. For job printers, median hourly earnings in commercial printing in May 2004 were $15.67, while in the newspaper, periodical, and book publishing industry median hourly earnings were $15.63.

Wage rates for prepress technicians and workers vary according to occupation, level of experience, training, location, size of firm, and union membership status."

prepressDog

Nice reply 30yrs.
Yes, keep voting. It would be cool to see the avg across All members.

duck

$21/hour for the last 2 years.  The only time I seem to get any kind of raise is when I get laid off or fired - then hired back (after they realize they really did need me after all). I feel underpaid now thanks to this thread as well - but on the bright side, I'm way overdue for a layoff...

For those who bend over and take it hard daily
to ensure that the client's half-assed problem files
get fixed, processed, printed and sent out
so it can make it to the end user's trash can
on time and with no errors.