Archive Job to Specific Network Location.

Started by m2r, November 10, 2011, 08:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m2r

Is it possible to Archive a Single Job to a Specific Network location?
Example:
Select job, Select Archive, Select Location: //Mac Files/Job Folders/Native Files and PDFs - and Save.
I only come here when I hate my job.

frailer

Yes. I have a 2TB. LaCie on a powered USB hub. I Archive regularly to keep data (jobs) on my Genstore (2nd  RAID5 set) down in size.
Admin>Archiver>Archiver List. (I'm at home 6AM here, can check detail later). If you want that specific job not sent to your usual Archiver location, I'd be inclined to send it to your usual drive, and retrieve from there. Not sure what you're trying to achieve, though.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

m2r

Would like to save / archive individual jobs from XMF to our Main Server - where all the native files are - which get backed up via Retrospect.

frailer

Shouldn't be a problem. The path I have is set to 'F' drive, the LaCie external. I'll have a look when I'm in in about an hour or so, but there should be a Browse button in Archiver setup to take you wherever you want.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Admin menu button (bottom). >Archiver....  see sceenshots......

m2r

Just trying to Archive a single job back to it's "home folder" on the Server....
Select Job
Click Archive Selected Jobs

No option to Browse to location

frailer

Hmmm... well, I think they're really 'XMF system' jobs. Doubt they'd be of any particular use from the 'home folder'. You may have a need for that, but from my perspective, I'd only ever want to restore the job to XMF.
Could you achieve this by temporarily changing the path to your (its) 'home folder' on the server, then change it back? As an occasional thing, guessing that would work. Depends how often you want to do that.   :undecided:
For search and restoration, I just want them somewhere on my F drive (or whichever location)... in one place.
Curious as to why you're wanting to do that. Sounds like you're wanting to be able to readily access and restore a job to XMF from under the one roof (via the original job collection; pre-XMF). For me, accessing via Job No. (or name, via search field), works just as well.

m2r

Just to keep things organized, all the files in one folder, with one back-up system.
Looks like it can't be done efficiently.

frailer

I'm seeing it from the other side of the lens. I don't want XMF Archive files dispersed to 'parent' folders. I want them in the XMF precinct, ready to be Restored, protem. If it's backup that's the concern, then the Archive drive could be backed up; or run on, say, a RAID1 drive.
Just a data management viewpoint, I guess.   :undecided: