issues with the 4.1 upgrade?

Started by Diddler, November 29, 2011, 09:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddler

1st time posters here with a quick questions.  Has anybody had any issues with the 4.1 upgrade.  I currently have some strange happening with the "State" of jobs in XMF not updating.  Where a job was ripped as normal, it would show 67% before being plated.  Now it is showing 50% and when the job is plated/exposed it does not show the job as "complete" in the status menu but instead keeps it as "Held before output".  Anybody else seeing this problem.  Thanks in advance for any help/advice provided.

Cheers
Diddler
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Hi Diddler, and welcome. Our Fuji tech has held us off on it, mainly because of some colour 'issues', so we went to 4.0. With most full upgrades, some problems can be expected. On 4.0 we have had some minor probs, but no show-stoppers. Minly minor annoyances like render fails because standing Stripping Sheet templates can't find Custom Marks; stuff like that.
Hoping they won't be too long with 4.2.
Have you logged it with your local support, so it can be fixed?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Hi Frailer,  thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay in my reply, just had my 4 days off, but back to the grind now.  Yes, I have logged it with our Fuji guys and they are working to resolve the problem.  It is not stopping us from working,  just a little annoying. If anything else pops up or if I find the solution, I will let you know.
Cheers
Diddler
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Posting from home on this, so can't remember exact iteration... but taken to v4.1.0.x yesterday. The colour 'issue' has been addressed. I think it was only to do with conversion of RGb to Gray. Now takes it into whatever you're running in CMYK, in our case Euroscale Coated v2., then into Gray. Any standing jobs affected are coloured light orange, so you are aware they may change slightly if re-rendered.   Not a biggie.
Otherwise, not seeing your problem. Probably fixed. Quite a few enhancements for ganging work. New menu bar for that and other stuff at the top of the impo window. Great alignment tools; and similar stuff.
They've got an ink-saving facility in there. You can get a temproary key to enable it. You'd be effectively a Beta tester until next (dot)x release, for free. Could be good. Not sure what they'll charge.
There's new ink weight limits adjustments in place; can go a lot lower.
Do you have an AML in place? If you have, have a look at the Flash vid that should be accessible (I think you're in Aust.?) to run 'workaround' BlueLines via ROOM proofing, even if you don't have it. Never to do a rule up again!    :cool:
Oh, at last a proper PDF manual with this release, instead of wandering through the online Help, which was like a rabbits' warren. If you don't have it, PM me.   :wink:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.