what does this mean?

Started by agonyofcain, September 26, 2012, 09:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agonyofcain

I just started having this problem.  When I would make a pjtf from preps to drop into ApogeeX I started getting errors in apogee. I decided to try preps on a different computer and went made a pjtf and threw into apogeex and all was good.  I opened both pjtfs in text editor and saw the difference at the top. 

the pjft that worked said this :  %JTF-1.1

while the pjft that didnt work in apogee said this:  %PDF-1.3

So somewhere in preps a setting must have changed but I cannot figure out where?  Any ideas??

DigiCorn

Sounds like the version of pdf. Is it a native pdf being impo'd, or an fpo pdf? If it's an fpo pdf,sometimes requing to make a new fpo works.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

agonyofcain

Just printing out from Preps to get my PJTF.  Attached is an image.

Ear

I notice you have your device configuration set to "press sheet size". I print JDF preps sometimes, which is similar to what you're doing. I have specific plate sizes set up in "device configuration", and I use those. Might be worth looking into.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Is it possible you could switch from Adobe Job Ticket (.pjtf) to JDF. JDF is the more current version of JDF than .pjtf but they are both JDF files?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

agonyofcain

I switched to JDF but apogee gave me a 'fatal imposition error'.  Guess it didn't like that.  Gonna try some other stuff. Thanks for the help.