3D proofing_virus alerts

Started by frailer, February 18, 2013, 05:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

.... apparently when trying to open on a Windows PC. 3D proofing self-installs the environment via IzPak; uses Java. Would appreciate any reports/info. Have notified Fujifilm guy here.
Assume it's related to the recent domestic between Apple and Oracle.    :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Its anti-virus related. I have that problem with Government/ School Depts. You just need to get them to allow files from your email/ftp or however they are opening them. 

Quick work around I have found is to send them to the clients personal email address and bypass the Gov filter. cause the Gov ain't too fast at doing things.  :shocked:
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

DigitalCrapShoveler

So, this is more a firewall situation?
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

I'll try Zip'ing the JAR file 1st. They're experiencing this here, in-house. I placed the JAR file in a network folder. Seems to be something new.

I'll put the file on DB and put a DL link here. people can test if they want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rls1qrc6fph3jw/SSO.jar
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on February 18, 2013, 05:39:40 PM.... apparently when trying to open on a Windows PC. 3D proofing self-installs the environment via IzPak; uses Java. Would appreciate any reports/info. Have notified Fujifilm guy here.
Assume it's related to the recent domestic between Apple and Oracle.    :undecided:

So what exactly is happening? The PC reporting a virus or there actually is a virus?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2013, 06:12:15 PM
Quote from: frailer on February 18, 2013, 05:39:40 PM.... apparently when trying to open on a Windows PC. 3D proofing self-installs the environment via IzPak; uses Java. Would appreciate any reports/info. Have notified Fujifilm guy here.

So what exactly is happening? The PC reporting a virus or there actually is a virus?

LOL, still trying to get a true picture on that. I know for certain that the attachment is being blocked on an internal email-forwarding test. Investigations continue.  :rolleyes:

DL link now in earlier post, but here it is anyway.

frailer

Apparently, trying to send via Outlook as an attachment gets it blocked, for its trouble.   :laugh:  I think this is a new thing. Maybe ZIP'ing would get around it.  Or maybe not.
Am MIA for a couple of hours now. Shall look into it later. Not urgent, just an adjunct proof anyway.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on February 18, 2013, 06:21:07 PM
Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2013, 06:12:15 PM

LOL, still trying to get a true picture on that. I know for certain that the attachment is being blocked on an internal email-forwarding test. Investigations continue.  :rolleyes:

DL link now in earlier post, but here it is anyway.

Could be the PC security settings. Could be the ISP blocking attachments. Could be an Outlook security setting. Could be an actual virus. Zipping it might help. It might not.

As far as Java goes...Oracle has fixed the known issues and Apple has let them out of jail after the latest release. For now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2013, 07:08:38 PMAs far as Java goes...Oracle has fixed the known issues and Apple has let them out of jail after the latest release. For now.

Thanks for the update.

gnubler

Great. Because every customer we have that works for the gov is an expert in computer technology. I can tell based on the "print" files they send us and the cute background effects in their emails.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david