News:

Main Menu

Re: KO from 100K

Started by frailer, February 14, 2013, 06:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on February 15, 2013, 03:52:41 PMWell, could be I would be in this situation if I had things set right. Further testing Monday.
You're saying Prinergy's default is to KO all 100K, regardless?

You have control. You can for example tell type under x point size to overprint, objects over x size to ko. You can ignore white overprint, or ignore all application overprints. Most of the time you get what you want, if not you can intervene easily. It seems to pretty much ignore those idiotic Adobe defaults for blacks pretty well.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Yeah, I'll talk to friendly Fuji guy next week. No reason it shouldn't have fixed it on the fly, really.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DCurry on February 15, 2013, 07:08:53 AMAnother way to force it to KO from Indy without affecting everything else is to make a copy of the default Black swatch. The Black overprint settings in preferences won't apply to the copied swatch so it will KO.

I also use this same method in reverse. Sometimes the customer will use a plethora of different blacks, usually making copies of black that won't overprint, or rich blacks that should be straight black. I will delete these extraneous blacks, and replace with InDesign's default black so the blacks WILL overprint.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Is that reverse engineering, prepress-style?   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yep, you got that right. :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian