Out of Memory Error

Started by mc hristel, May 12, 2008, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc hristel

I recently got a brand new Mac at work.  It has plenty of memory, but I often get out of memory errors when printing or opening files.  It seems to be a problem with the memory allocation to Rosetta since the error seems to only pop up when using older Adobe CS and CS2 programs.  Does anyone know what would be the real cause, or what can be done?  Our tech guy thought if there was a way to give more memory to Rosetta it might help.  We have customers that haven't upgraded to CS3 yet, so I still need to use the older software, and printing using a different computer is a real bummer.

Thanks for any help,

-MC

Joe

Quote from: mc_hristel on May 12, 2008, 11:01:51 PMI recently got a brand new Mac at work.  It has plenty of memory, but I often get out of memory errors when printing or opening files.  It seems to be a problem with the memory allocation to Rosetta since the error seems to only pop up when using older Adobe CS and CS2 programs.  Does anyone know what would be the real cause, or what can be done?  Our tech guy thought if there was a way to give more memory to Rosetta it might help.  We have customers that haven't upgraded to CS3 yet, so I still need to use the older software, and printing using a different computer is a real bummer.

Thanks for any help,

-MC

Take a look at this and try the solutions after solution #1. Let us know if this helps.

Rosetta Out of Memory Error
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

QuoteTake a look at this and try the solutions after solution #1.

I love it. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. Shouldn't that be Option x+1, where x is the number of other options.    :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

LOL....It seems to me it should but I'm not trying to sell anyone CS3! :laugh:

gnubler

I use Print Artist Platinum and never get memory errors. Maybe try downgrading your software?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

When is the Mac version coming out?

gnubler

No need to fuss with different OS versions - I heard a rumor the geniuses over at Nova Development are working on an online browser version for PAP v.23 so anyone with an internet connection can use it for only $9.99 a month. They have, like, thousands of FREE stock photos and cliparts! I'm really jazzed about this.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david