HP5500 - anyway to continue printing if any ink is out?

Started by mwc, November 08, 2010, 10:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

HP5500 - anyway to continue printing if any ink is out?

We are out on the Cyan tank, but would like to continue printing (sans that tank) till we get a replacement.
---just an internal proof, color is not important.
Anyone know if this is even possible?

NefariousDrO

I highly doubt it, but maybe if you're specifying black-only in what you send? I know our large Epson printer just plain shuts down when a cartridge is out, no matter what.

DigitalCrapShoveler

You would have to somehow bypass the chip set into the ink cartridge. Once that thing says the cartridge is empty, no more printing. It's all a scam, man.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Same with the narrow necked bottles of sauces - impossible to get the last bit of product out of the jar. Peanut butter jars, too. Scam.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mwc

Yeah, figured as much.
Anyhow, getting new cart today....so this is solved...(until our supply manager 'forgets' to do his job again!)

Thanks....

Ear

Yep, no ink = no ink. You can, however, make a printhead go beyond its "life". I had a printhead that was defective out of the box. Cleaned up the old one and put it back in, worked just fine. I did replace it but it got me through the week.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black