Adobe CS5.5 is coming SOON! - WTF?

Started by mwc, April 11, 2011, 09:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

It's no surprise to see them come out with a paid for mid-cycle version with Acrobat X. Had I bought CS5 I would be pissed because it's just another way to get cash out of their loyal customers between full upstaes by withholding Acrobat X until after CS5 shipped. Brilliant actually.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Ya and this update includes nothing new for print just new ePub and other web crap so it's really just another nail in the printing coffin.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

gnubler

Great. That's why I laugh at the people who rush out and buy software updates as soon as they're available.

CS1 still does everything I need and I use it at home sometimes.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Santa

Quote from: almaink on April 11, 2011, 09:43:27 AMYa and this update includes nothing new for print just new ePub and other web crap so it's really just another nail in the printing coffin.

So true..so between this and Quack 9, I'll be working for the software companies so I can open Juniors CS18.5 Subset 12 PDF and print his $12 business cards! (that he bitches he can get for free from "some web guy" )  LIVING THE DREAM!    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Farabomb

I was at a meeting with a group I work with at the track. The topic of everyone having business cards came up and I mistakenly opened my trap and offered to print them. One of the guys chimes in with "my wife is a designer she can take care of designing them" (I've seen some of her work, no thanks) quickly followed by "Vista print does free cards". At that point I just shut the hell up and slowly shrank back into a corner. Don't even know if they ever got done but I sure wasn't going to deal with the mess.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on April 12, 2011, 07:22:28 AMI mistakenly opened my trap and offered to print them.

I stopped doing that long ago. When meeting new people I try to avoid talking about work for fear of getting involved in BS projects like that. I have also learned to not say a word about web development or else you're gonna get "Oh, my sister's daughter's friend needs a website for her jewelry business" or some crap. NO.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I don't even like to tell people where I work mush less what I actually do, because I get all kinds of request from "are you hiring" to "can you (insert task name here) for free?"

doomed
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 12, 2011, 11:15:36 AMI don't even like to tell people where I work mush

Doesn't the mush part come after a few margaritas?

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 12, 2011, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: david on April 12, 2011, 11:15:36 AMI don't even like to tell people where I work mush

Maybe there was a Tuesday morning margarita special on the way to work this morning?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on April 12, 2011, 11:33:48 AM
Quote from: gnubler on April 12, 2011, 11:29:47 AM

Maybe there was a Tuesday morning margarita special on the way to work this morning?

Ya, it's in the glove box of David's car. Mini-bar ready at all times.

David

glove box my ass, it's the whole passenger side of the car, with refills in the trunk.    :tongue:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Of course it's weighted towards the ePub market - is that really a surprise? I'm more bothered that it's a point release, but it will still require IDML files to get things to CS5. Guess it's a required update for shop after all.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.