Prinergy version 10.0

Started by born2print, April 24, 2024, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orka81 (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

RMPrepress

Kodak came in and updated our 2017-18 Prinergy and InSite Dell servers to Windows 2019 back in Sept. 2021.
Then updated Prinergy to v9.5 and later InSite to v9.5.
We had to purchase the Windows 2019 upgrades ourselves with Kodak's guidance.

We are now running v10 of Prinergy and InSite with no problems.
All Mac clients are running Ventura.

In a few weeks we are replacing our 2017-18 original Kodak Dell servers as they are now 6 1/2 years old and are at EOL.
Looks like we will miss out on Kodak having those new servers running v11 as that will not be out until late May early June.
We opted to pass on the cloud and/or VM's.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

born2print

Whelp, update to Prinergy 10.0.0.82 and Preps 10 was about the smoothest I've ever had and this is our 10th version.
Kodak started around 8am and we're already kicking the tires at 11:30am!!!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 15, 2024, 12:55:52 PMWhelp, update to Prinergy 10.0.0.82 and Preps 10 was about the smoothest I've ever had and this is our 10th version.
Kodak started around 8am and we're already kicking the tires at 11:30am!!!
The first thing I would do on your way home is to stop and buy some lottery tickets. It is your day!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

DigiCorn

Talk about winning the lottery, today the California Beer Distributor's Association held an event for all State workers. Show them your badge to get admission.

Free tacos, beer and chips and salsa.

Yup. You heard that right - free tacos and beer! I had 4 tacos... one steak, one chicken, one BBQ pork and one vegetarian. They had onions and cilantro and guacamole and salsa and a variety of hot sauces. Catered by Chando's Tacos. I had a Brewery X Citra Loves Nelson IPA.

For reference, Chando competed on Food Network's Chopped show, so we're talking serious quality eats.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Daaaaaaayuuum!

And I noticed the pineapple in their logo, did you try "anything" else? :naughty:

Skryber

My god that looks delicious. I'm 75 hours through a 100 hour fast. Somehow cooking and seeing and smelling food helps me get through it. I think my brain is being tricked into thinking I'm eating...it's not too smart.  ;D
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on May 15, 2024, 02:21:04 PMDaaaaaaayuuum!

And I noticed the pineapple in their logo, did you try "anything" else? :naughty:

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about  :hemp: :shhh:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Ah, sorry 'bout that  :swing:

Tracy

100 hours! 
back away from the tacos!!

Skryber

Quote from: Tracy on Today at 07:24:50 AM100 hours!
back away from the tacos!!
My dad came to my kid's band concert last night and we went to eat afterwards. He asked why I wasn't eating and I told him I was in the middle of a 100 hour fast. This morning he called and said, "I was just thinking that what you're doing is f@cking crazy. 100 days of fasting is about 3 months." I told him, well if I had said 100 days I agree that it is f@cking crazy, but I said 100 hours. :rotf:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

born2print

Sounds like a challenge! Jesus is in the lead at 40 days...

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on Today at 10:05:51 AMSounds like a challenge! Jesus is in the lead at 40 days...
That didn't work out too well for Him. Maybe we should rethink things.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

We just got the Kodak sales pitch for the upgrade yesterday. Our problem is more the old Magnus 400 that just went past it's service life.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

I'll tell ya, day two of working in 10 and I have yet to find anything different from 9.0.2
I failed to find release notes... maybe the rip is new? 
Well it does allow us to go to mac OS 13 so that is an "upgrade" technically.
depending what version you're at, you might spend the money on an actual need.