News:

Main Menu

OSX version

Started by SpicyVindaloo, September 05, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpicyVindaloo

Is there a recommended Mac OS for use with Prinergy? We're not using that many apps outside of Adobe stuff and Suitcase for fonts. Right now we're running 10.10.5 Yosemite.

Thanks!

Joe

What version of Prinergy are you running? For the latest release, 8.0.2, the release notes show: Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, and macOS Sierra (10.12). I can tell you from personal experience that there are issues with Sierra though. For 7.5.1 it shows: Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

SpicyVindaloo

Thanks Joe.
We're running Prinergy 8.02. I saw those release notes, but also know they tend to test in their own little bubble world. 
I need to do a few clean installs and was wondering if it was time to update all the macs to something over 10.10.5.

What problems come up with 10.12?

Joe

Nothing Earth shattering but sometimes there is a delay when you click on something. Like renaming a job, copying a job, or opening a VPS. The opening a VPS was the most aggravating as you would open it and it would take about 5 seconds before anything would happen. It was still that way last Friday and now today it no longer has the delay when opening the VPS. I think Apple must have had a silent update over the weekend.

I did all clean installs of all Macs to Sierra, old and new, at the end of last year when we got new batch of iMacs. I wanted everyone running the same version of OS X.

Farabomb

Funny, I see VPS thing here at times and my version is ancient. I also see it take forever somedays to refresh, like normalize a job, go do something else and still minutes after the file finishes, it doesn't show the refined file. It's weird that it comes and goes with seemingly no reason.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

So those issues are features and not bugs?

:lmao:

Farabomb

It does use an Adobe engine. Maybe it's contagious.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

JohnO

We are looking to upgrade to Prinergy 8.1 from Prinergy 6. Kodak supported Mac OS10.8 and OS10.9 for Prinergy 8.0 clients (Workshop) but only list OS10.10 and up for Prinergy 8.1.  I know a lot of times they don't list the earlier MacOS's because they didn't feel like testing it or the installer doesn't work and you have to manually install.

Is anyone using Prinergy 8.1 with Mac OS10.9.5?

-John

Joe

Quote from: JohnO on September 20, 2017, 10:06:40 AMWe are looking to upgrade to Prinergy 8.1 from Prinergy 6. Kodak supported Mac OS10.8 and OS10.9 for Prinergy 8.0 clients (Workshop) but only list OS10.10 and up for Prinergy 8.1.  I know a lot of times they don't list the earlier MacOS's because they didn't feel like testing it or the installer doesn't work and you have to manually install.

Is anyone using Prinergy 8.1 with Mac OS10.9.5?

-John

The Prinergy installer does check the OS version and won't run on a version that Kodak hasn't given its blessing for. In my experience it will work by copying from a machine that it is already installed on but I've only done it for an OS X version that is newer. Never tried when the OS is older than what Kodak specifies. Only one way to find out I suppose.

Bakerman

Hey Joe,

We are running Prinergy 8.0.0.666, just want to check here in the real world if a Sierra OS install will cause additional problems. Currently running El Capitan. No problems on that, some menus run slow but still work.

Joe

I am on version 8 right now running on Sierra (10.12) with no issues other than at times I have to restart Workshop because for some reason at times Workshop stops refreshing job info. It isn't often. Most days it doesn't even occur.

I do not think the Prinergy installer will work on the latest High Sierra (10.13). I see Prinergy 8.1.2 has been released. Mac client OS requirements say it is for "Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, and macOS Sierra (10.12)" so no High Sierra support yet.

Bakerman

Ok thanks!  Helpful as always.