Anyone know what this font is?

Started by beck, January 27, 2011, 08:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beck

Recreating a job from film, last run about 10 years ago.  Customer wants us to recreate as close as possible.  The photo to be used is a scan of a previously printed carton...top notch, huh?

Thanks in advance.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

DCurry

Try uploading it to myfonts.com - they have a What The font section that is pretty good at identifying fonts. You may have to cleanup/simplify the image first to get better results, though.

At first glance it looks like Chicago.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

Or a molested version of Optima or Optimum.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beck

Quote from: DCurry on January 27, 2011, 08:43:06 AMTry uploading it to myfonts.com - they have a What The font section that is pretty good at identifying fonts. You may have to cleanup/simplify the image first to get better results, though.

At first glance it looks like Chicago.
Excellent work, Dan.

Cleaned up the image, submitted it to "What the Font"

and the answer is........ :band:

Grenoble TS-Heavy Italic

Not absolutely perfect, but pretty close enough for something that was probably done with Presstype.

Thanks again,

beck
Joe

gnubler

I thought using What The Font was *common knowledge*. Too bad Pone isn't here anymore, she would have been the first to suggest it.  :kona:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

beck

It should be.  I apologize.

When we got our new Macs a few weeks ago, I forgot to copy my Bookmarks.

beck
Joe

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

Just use Comic Sans at a 12 degree angle, nobody will notice.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Does anyone here know what font this is? I've scoured my entire Adobe collection and I know it's not in the Bitstream collection...
HALP. Thanks.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

And...Identifont is not finding it. It's probably a $300 font.
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on May 04, 2011, 09:43:23 AMI'm getting Proxima.
yep, that's it...FU Veer.
thanks...they will get a substitution.
Maybe Avenir. :cool:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian