Favorite PDF editing tools

Started by Laurens, June 11, 2010, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Quote from: beermonster on June 15, 2010, 07:33:20 AMI think Youston is..... :death:

Youston's a zombie? :shocked:

Rhut ro!

Captain_Type

Quote from: youston on June 15, 2010, 06:11:07 AM
Quote from: beermonster on June 15, 2010, 03:54:04 AMI think Youston is......wankery

Oh now, come on beer! I've never been a sinner ... never sinned ...  :evil:

Youston is sucking up to the spirit in the sky.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/rememberthetitans/spiritinthesky.htm
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

youston

Quote from: Captain_Type on June 15, 2010, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: youston on June 15, 2010, 06:11:07 AM
Quote from: beermonster on June 15, 2010, 03:54:04 AMI think Youston is......wankery

Oh now, come on beer! I've never been a sinner ... never sinned ...  :evil:

Youston is sucking up to the spirit in the sky.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/rememberthetitans/spiritinthesky.htm

:evil:

Quote from: ratintrap on June 15, 2010, 10:53:41 AMYouston's a zombie? :shocked:

After spending every free minute of my waking days painting and working on floors for the last 10 days, I'm moving around like one, that's for sure!  :old:

David

we feel really sorry for you...

really we do

we'll be more than happy to come by and help, especially when the elderly are involved...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: david on June 15, 2010, 11:34:48 AMwe feel really sorry for you...

really we do

we'll be more than happy to come by and help, especially when the elderly are involved...

Sweet! I've got two vehicles full of crap that need to be unloaded, and the floors in two rooms still have to be vacuumed, washed and hand-polished. Check your PM for the address, and can you be there at 5 pm EST?

David, you're AWESOME! See you this afternoon!

gnubler

Youston, I hope you've already purchased a bulk lot of tequila & lime juice. You're (he's) going to need it if he does show up.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: gnubler on June 15, 2010, 12:05:13 PMYouston, I hope you've already purchased a bulk lot of tequila & lime juice. You're (he's) going to need it if he does show up.

There's always a lot of tequila on hand. And we have limes and a juicer.

gnubler

Can I come over, too? I can do man jobs as good as the worst of them. Please?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: gnubler on June 15, 2010, 12:17:13 PMCan I come over, too? I can do man jobs as good as the worst of them. Please?

Well, we already hired someone to look down their noses at us and make snide, passive-aggressive comments about our consumptive lifestyle. What else can you do?

Ear

What else you ask? I hear he makes a mean tinfoil hat.... working on a new line of pointed ones too.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: youston on June 15, 2010, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: gnubler on June 15, 2010, 12:17:13 PMCan I come over, too? I can do man jobs as good as the worst of them. Please?

Well, we already hired someone to look down their noses at us and make snide, passive-aggressive comments about our consumptive lifestyle. What else can you do?

Well, I'm great with children. Will babysitting services be helpful? If there's enough young boys (who presumably like bugs and creepy things like that) I'll round them all up for a field trip to go see The Human Centipede. Yes? No?

gnubler

Quote from: Earendil on June 15, 2010, 12:46:19 PMWhat else you ask? I hear he makes a mean tinfoil hat.... working on a new line of pointed ones too.

Sorry, man. You lost me at Duffy's.

Now go do something gruntful like chop some wood or brush your teeth with extra minty paste.

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on June 15, 2010, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: Earendil on June 15, 2010, 12:46:19 PMWhat else you ask? I hear he makes a mean tinfoil hat.... working on a new line of pointed ones too.

Sorry, man. You lost me at Duffy's.

Now go do something gruntful like chop some wood or brush your teeth with extra minty paste.

I'm making a custom broom for you out of an old toilet plunger and hair from my back, I'll make sure and put some extra grunt into it.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

youston

Quote from: gnubler on June 15, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
Quote from: youston on June 15, 2010, 12:20:04 PM

Well, I'm great with children. Will babysitting services be helpful? If there's enough young boys (who presumably like bugs and creepy things like that) I'll round them all up for a field trip to go see The Human Centipede. Yes? No?

Hmmmm ... actually, we're looking for someone who can teach him to chop wood, and brush with extra-minty toothpaste. Do you have any skills/know anyone in that area?

frailer

Quote from: almaink on June 14, 2010, 01:09:51 PMOne thing I use but not listed is InDesign. New text can be added right on top of old copy, then the old stuff deleted in Acrobat, or images can be added. Resizing is also easier in Indy. The only issue I've ever seen doing this is PDF's generated by CS3-5 and placed into an Indy CS2 or earlier file can result in colors lost or dropped or the PDF may fail to export.
Easily missed...I use it all the time. Just used it the other day to edit/resize a PDF ad to a slightly different proportional sizing.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.