News:

Main Menu

PPML

Started by DigiCorn, September 20, 2017, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Is there a way to export a variable data mail merge InDesign document to a PPML, without a 3rd party plugin like FusionPro? Has anyone used PDF/VT? We are looking at taking on a rather large variable project that pulls images from URLs, but the current file sizes are unmanageable and looking at ways to chew through the data faster,
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

OK... better question. How do you guys send your variable image so that CWS doesn't choke?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 21, 2017, 10:08:32 AMOK... better question. How do you guys send your variable image so that CWS doesn't choke?

Last one I sent was the one that choked CWS for about 5 hours. Hence why I was asking about using VDP from within CWS...which I haven't been able to get back to yet.

Read t-pat's info in that thread about PDF/VT and look at the link he supplied in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.