Are you only doing prepress at work? Or...?

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 18, 2014, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

In the days b4 CTP, when I worked in the Stripping Dept., I told people I was a Pro Bono Stripper. 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Farabomb

What did the leper say to the prostitute?

Spoiler
Keep the tip.
[close]

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

zacgil

And sometimes the Tip is all you need....

I'm definitely going to ask for a raise, and I may need to use Joe's method. I'm just beginning to think that compensation for a lot of added work/stress was never in the plans.  At our shop it's never been a non-managerial task.  Which means everyone who's done it has made much more than I do. 

Well anyways, hopefully I don't have to do any of these things to get it...  :strangle:  :kissass:  :tantrum2:

I am a punky, sophisticated lesbian (or something similar).

Fontaholic

Quote from: Ear on August 11, 2015, 12:44:32 PM... or do away with the stress and just do Pro Bono Prepress.

I've always been a lot more Pro Cher than Pro Bono...

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Tracy

Joe's right about asking for more, It's always their way to get everything cheaper.
It's in their blood, they gotta feel like their getting a deal :laugh:

Fontaholic

At my place, I do just about everything except run the presses, cut the paper and do estimates.

As my prepress duties have declined, I've been obliged to do stuff outside of my normal purview.

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Ear

Quote from: zacgil on August 11, 2015, 01:16:52 PMAnd sometimes the Tip is all you need....

I'm definitely going to ask for a raise, and I may need to use Joe's method. I'm just beginning to think that compensation for a lot of added work/stress was never in the plans.  At our shop it's never been a non-managerial task.  Which means everyone who's done it has made much more than I do. 

Well anyways, hopefully I don't have to do any of these things to get it...  :strangle:  :kissass:  :tantrum2:

I was just up in your neck-o-the-woods for the weekend. Played River Ridge golf course while I was there. Got some VooDoo donuts and a Sizzle Pie too. Daughter just moved to Eugene, so I think I'll be up more often.
:hello:

Farabomb

Rogue's voodoo donut beers aren't horrible. Great breakfast beers.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

zacgil

Awesome, you'll have to let me know when you are in town sometime so we can grab a beer.  My golf game is non-existent so I don't think I'd be a good golf partner.  Unless it's the kind where you just drive around and drink... that I may be good at.

I am a punky, sophisticated lesbian (or something similar).

Ear

Heck yeah.

And FB, I've tried a lot of Rogue beers (easy to come by, living in the Rogue Valley) but have not tried their Voodoo donut beer.

Voodoo donuts is a wacky place. If it is edible, they have made a donut out of it. And the best part about eating a Sizzle Pie is, they play the thrash music loud, so you can take obnoxious children with and no one notices.