News:

Main Menu

Select by Region

Started by Tracy, July 21, 2023, 07:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Things like this is the one thing I miss about prepress trying to make things easier. Terminal laziness pays off sometimes. Last week I wiped out my 2013 iMac which had all of the Adobe apps and Pitstop on it so I can't play anymore.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on March 18, 2024, 01:51:16 PMIf there's anything inside the die except text centered on the tab I don't think that'll work. Might be able to use multiple AND statements to weed it out some more. If the die is a spot color (i make my dielines a custom spot color) you can select by that color and remove as well.
I was going to post this, but I just got here.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

The Die is an image it is not spot, and there are small images inside the pages.
I think you guys are on to something here with the AND and maybe going by the size.
the Die images are in the same spot and they are the same size, it will be complex
but since I do these quite a bit it will be worth it.
I cannot share the file as it is for the Government but I can remove the content and maybe
place some fake content.
I will work on that when the next one comes in.
Thanks guys you got me thinking!!

Joe! You were not suppose to delete those!  ;D

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

If the die is an image just grab a small region that it's the only image that overlaps and:

Select objects inside region: inside region or overlapping
Select images
AND
Remove selection

That should do it.

If the die image is the largest on any of the pages you could sub out the region selection with the size of the image.

It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 19, 2024, 07:25:21 AMJoe! You were not suppose to delete those!  ;D
Well I really have no need for them any longer.

Tracy

:tantrum2:

Well there is me!  ;D

A book just came in, it will be a couple days but I'll try and get a file together to sharethanks!

Possum

Now nobody from his old workplace can bother him. During the Covid unemployment bonanza, I switched from a Mac Mini running 10.6 to a brand new Dell. A couple years later it was nice to be able to tell my old boss that no, I wasn't interested in doing work for him from home for his new business and I didn't have the software anymore anyway.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

Ok I pulled 2 pages, notice page 2 is a different size die/image
but the left corner is in the same position.
attached is the file

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

It looks like the black hashmarks on the left side are part of the image with the dieline. So if you're ok with removing those as well this should work. So long as nothing is different on other pages. Except I can't attach the eal.

Draw a small rectangle on the tab overlapping the dieline, but nothing else.

Select objects inside or overlapping region
set it to define region relative to lower left of media box
use the eye dropper next to that with your rectangle selected to get the coords and size
set "inside region or overlapping region" in the Select Objects drop down
remove selection (it'll also remove the rectangle you created).

Joe

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on March 19, 2024, 11:13:06 AMExcept I can't attach the eal.
ZIP it up and you can attach the eal.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

I don't even have a button for attaching, and dragging it to the reply isn't working either. Shouldn't be too hard to duplicate, just two actions.

Joe

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on March 19, 2024, 11:35:55 AMI don't even have a button for attaching, and dragging it to the reply isn't working either. Shouldn't be too hard to duplicate, just two actions.
It is kind of weird. Click the Preview button and then you will see an area to drag files to...to attach.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.01.57 PM.png

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Wow, that is kinda weird. Never woulda thought of that.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Hmmm...Ok, didn't give it long enough.

Here you go, Tracy.

Tracy

Thank you I will try it and play around with it
I actually removed a lot of text and those lines were what survived
so I did not put those lines on it.

I'm sure something will work
The current book is 608 pages, more than half the book has a yelo background
that I have to overprint because of the white boxes of images.
It prints on plastic and I have to get it in position, which I pretty much have down.
There are different sizes through out that I have to separate out and run separately 
and much much more!  ;D

Thanks! I will give it a go