Generate Bleed Action Inconsistent

Started by Slappy, April 06, 2020, 09:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Got this 56pg book, with items that are polygon shapes and the Generate Bleed Action isn't doing its thing at the tops, or for some of the items that are just inside the outer edge bleed trim. Anybody seen a similar result?

Attaching a few of the pages here for testing too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

born2print

Pro DC with PS Pro 2018: same reslult as you - very few elements get fixed...
then I moved some closer to trim and they worked...

Maybe change the trimbox settings inward a little, then run the add bleed action for the doc., then restore trimbox back to correct position?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

This worked for me though you may need to go back and delete the black line it extended into the trim.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Same as my fix....

except simple and elegant  :afro:

Slappy

Huh, works like a charm! I guess simpler IS better some times...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Dammit, almost. Look at the polygonal shapes on the outside edge - it's doing something weird to the diagonal part of the shape. Almost bringing it INSDIE the trim.

Joe

Yeah that is because the original shape was not going to the trim on some of that pages. Hence why I had to enter a value of .05" so it started adding bleed .05" from inside the trim. You could do it page by page separately and change the value needed for each individual page.

Slappy

Fuck that, and fuck these assholes!
They just called up & wanted to know why it was taking so long to get their Proof because (you guessed it) the LAST printer made it work so they can't go back & ask their client for better files!

Fuck 'em.

born2print

Joe

Man I hate that LAST fucking printer. Always causes me problems.

David

yeah, their jobs always have bleed and complete instructions, who do they think they are?

stupidknow-it-all

:rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca