Acrobat 9

Started by almaink, June 02, 2008, 08:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: pmhapp on June 03, 2008, 06:18:30 PM
Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1775.msg28852#msg28852 date=1212420694
Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:20:17 AM
Quote from: Joe  on June 02, 2008, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:08:43 AMYeah, 6 and 7 don't play well together on Windows, and I am guessing it will be like that from 6 upwards.   :tongue:  The thing is... will a Windows version install properly on a Mac, if the Mac is an intel Mac?  The Mac is a fairly new beastie in our shop.  Only three so far, and only three people with any experience with them... so most of our older Adobe software was bought for and used on various flavours of Windows.

Yes and no. If you use Bootcamp or Parallels and run Windows you can install it. You cannot install Windows software to run under the Mac OS though.

Hmmm, I'll have to check with the boss to see if we have Bootcamp somewhere...
If you have a new Mac you do. It's included with the OS (Leopard). With Bootcamp you cannot have both Windows and the Mac OS running at the same time. You have to boot the Mac into one or the other. With Parallels (not free) you can run them both at the same time.
Don't forget VMWare Fusion. Cheaper, and more stable.

I didn't mention it because I haven't used it. I've heard great things about it though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

oh oh, just got my email about this..   LOVE the tag line Adobe!!   "New Acrobat 9. You'll make your old documents jealous."

:laugh:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

pmhapp

Quote from: almaink on June 02, 2008, 09:36:49 AM" Being in the Adobe CS partner thing we should get a copy when it becomes available, right Alma?"

I would hope so. May take a while before it gets uploaded to the Partners Download page tho.
I got an email yesterday with a link to the Adobe Partner section of the Adobe Prerelease Program.  Downloaded. Installed.

almaink

I got an email for the Beta test program. Downloaded and installed. I'll spill the beans about it as soon as Adobe lets me...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Okay, I'm in the Adobe Partner Program, why have I not received an email so I can download it. I checked my downloads and all I have available is the CS3 stuff. Nothing about Acrobat 9 in there.

almaink

Quote from: Joe  on June 06, 2008, 03:42:08 PMOkay, I'm in the Adobe Partner Program, why have I not received an email so I can download it. I checked my downloads and all I have available is the CS3 stuff. Nothing about Acrobat 9 in there.

I didn't get mine from Adobe Partners, I requested to be a beta tester.
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/betatesting.html
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Joe

Quote from: almaink on June 06, 2008, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: Joe  on June 06, 2008, 03:42:08 PMOkay, I'm in the Adobe Partner Program, why have I not received an email so I can download it. I checked my downloads and all I have available is the CS3 stuff. Nothing about Acrobat 9 in there.

I didn't get mine from Adobe Partners, I requested to be a beta tester.
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/betatesting.html

Thanks, I'll look into that. pmhapp mentioned the Adobe Partner program. I was wondering why I didn't get what he got.

agent_orange

I don't recall if i agreed to be a beta tester but the email i got seems to suggest that it's a partner thing. here's the first paragraph of the email:

"As a valued program member within the Adobe Partner Connection, we would like to invite you to participate in the new Acrobat 9 Prerelease Program. We look forward to sharing the prerelease software with you and receiving your feedback. Your role in ensuring the highest quality final product is vital to us, and we would very much appreciate your participation."

is that the same email you all got?

Joe

I got NO email from them. :angry:

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: agent_orange on June 07, 2008, 12:03:26 PMI don't recall if i agreed to be a beta tester but the email i got seems to suggest that it's a partner thing. here's the first paragraph of the email:

"As a valued program member within the Adobe Partner Connection, we would like to invite you to participate in the new Acrobat 9 Prerelease Program. We look forward to sharing the prerelease software with you and receiving your feedback. Your role in ensuring the highest quality final product is vital to us, and we would very much appreciate your participation."

is that the same email you all got?

In your feedback, ask them for a "prepress" version...  :evil:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

agent_orange

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on June 07, 2008, 10:46:23 PMIn your feedback, ask them for a "prepress" version...  :evil:

ohhhhh..... burn.

might as well, seems like they're coming out with every version but prepress. "Coming soon: Acrobat ASE, for auto mechanics"

EyeTech

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

almaink

I am also an Adobe Partner but I signed up for the beta program after reading the post about Bridge beta testers. I figured perhaps they might also need beta testers for other applications and I guess I was right on time for Acrobat 9. BTW I didn't check Bridge on the list to test. Here's Jeza's post-
https://www.b4print.com/forums/index.php?topic=1754.0
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

pmhapp

almaink - are you talking about Acrobat 9 Reader, or Pro?
I signed up for the pre-release program for Reader, and got a separate download invite for that a couple weeks ago.
I didn't see a pre-release program for Acro Pro.

Then, last week, I got the email to download and try Acro Pro.
I can't find the email now, so I can't say the exact wording, but it led me to believe it was because we were a part of Adobe Partner Program.  Now, when I log into prerelease.adobe.com, I see two sections, one for "Acrobat 9.0 Partners Prerelease", and "Adobe Reader 9".

Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe both are a result of my signup.

almaink

The web page calls it Acrobat 9.0 Partners Prerelease Home. Perhaps you need to be a Partner and also register for the beta programs?
I got it for Acrobat Pro 9, both windows( the extended version) and Mac versions.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110