PDF Version changing

Started by Stiv, November 03, 2008, 08:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I'm putting this here & not in Enfocus because I'm not sure which is the offender. I don't have Admin access to turn off Pitstop to test.

I have a PDF 1.5 doc and when I extract a page the version changes to 1.6 even before a save. When I delete all other pages and save, the version changes from 1.5 to 1.6.

I have my Pitstop pref set to not change version on saving.

pdboddy

Well, I can confirm that this happens to me as well, in both Acrobat 7 and Acrobat 8.  Can't figure out the cause yet.  And I've tried it on a computer that doesn't have Pitstop installed, and it does the same thing.

When you say you don't have access to turn off Pitstop, does that mean you can't access Acrobat's Plugins folder?

David

Stiv, what version of Acrobat and Pitstop are you using?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

SA

If I understand this correctly.. When you do a straight extract into a new document it is creating a new document and sort of copying and pasting the pages into a new document which is created in the version of acrobat (so as yours is changing the version to PDF 1.6 you are probably using Acrobat 7).

When you delete all other pages (even through the extract command) and save it will leave the PDF version as is because it is not creating a new document.
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

Stiv

When I save the PDF after deleting the other pages the version changes after a save, as well as extracting the page.

I am using Acrobat 8.1.2 Professional and Enfocus PitStop Profession 7.5.2.

I have this occurring with Acrobat without PitStop installed and with PitStop installed. I have double checked the pref for keeping the version the same. I have the same result on Mac and Win.

Joe

I can duplicate this in both Acrobat 8 and 9. If you extract pages, delete pages, or insert pages it automatically changes the document to a 1.6 PDF. Pitstop has no bearing on it because by the time you go to save it, it is already a 1.6 and Pitstop is just doing what it is supposed to do. Not change it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Pit Stop does have a preference to not change the PDF version, Acrobat itself doesn't.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

David

it does it to me as well.

what up with that?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

ooohhh, I love me some features!

Thank you sir, may I have another?
Livin' la Vida Loca