Separated pdf to composite

Started by G_Town, November 04, 2008, 02:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Obviously I'm having acrobat issues this week.

I have artpro files with old copydot scans placed in them and the only way I can seem to get them to a pdf with the copydots showing up correctly is to print separated ps out of artpro then distill, problem is the customer no wanty separated pdf they want composite, anyway to do this in acrobat?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on November 04, 2008, 02:14:14 PMObviously I'm having acrobat issues this week.

I have artpro files with old copydot scans placed in them and the only way I can seem to get them to a pdf with the copydots showing up correctly is to print separated ps out of artpro then distill, problem is the customer no wanty separated pdf they want composite, anyway to do this in acrobat?

Copydot scans are very High Resolution. If they are originally scanned at 2400 DPI, you will have to set your PDF to that LPI, so it doesn't downsample them. I actually have one set up... here.

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on November 04, 2008, 02:14:14 PMObviously I'm having acrobat issues this week.

To get a composite you can place the separated PDFs on top of each other in InDesign. Just set the background to transparent when you place each separation.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 04, 2008, 02:18:35 PM

Copydot scans are very High Resolution. If they are originally scanned at 2400 DPI, you will have to set your PDF to that LPI, so it doesn't downsample them. I actually have one set up... here.

I can get them to pdf just fine and dandy but they are separated need composite.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on November 04, 2008, 02:22:29 PM

To get a composite you can place the separated PDFs on top of each other in InDesign. Just set the background to transparent when you place each separation.

So no real way to do it then in acro? Dammit I know I had this figured out before between nexus and acrobat.

The mind aint as sharp as it used to be.

DigitalCrapShoveler

You can't recomposite in Acrobat at all. We have discussed this. Joe is saying to take your sepped PDF and replace in InDesign on top of one another. I don't know how you are exporting from ArtPro, but don't you need some kind of export settings? Make sure they are set to 2400 DPI for a composite PDF. Otherwise do Joe's trick.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 04, 2008, 03:10:14 PMYou can't recomposite in Acrobat at all. We have discussed this. Joe is saying to take your sepped PDF and replace in InDesign on top of one another. I don't know how you are exporting from ArtPro, but don't you need some kind of export settings? Make sure they are set to 2400 DPI for a composite PDF. Otherwise do Joe's trick.

Fine!

I'm going to figure out how I did this before even if it kills you :evil:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 04, 2008, 03:50:06 PMI await your findings.

Stand by much work to do first but I will figure this bastardo out, I'm good like that sometimes.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on November 04, 2008, 04:55:16 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 04, 2008, 03:50:06 PMI await your findings.

Stand by much work to do first but I will figure this bastardo out, I'm good like that sometimes.

You'll be doing me a favor, so I'm all for it G! :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

almaink

If you do the sandwich trick in InDesign as Joe suggested, I've done it a few times, make sure you set each layer to multiply and import the PDF seps with transparent background selected in PDF import options.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on November 04, 2008, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 04, 2008, 03:10:14 PMYou can't recomposite in Acrobat at all. We have discussed this. Joe is saying to take your sepped PDF and replace in InDesign on top of one another. I don't know how you are exporting from ArtPro, but don't you need some kind of export settings? Make sure they are set to 2400 DPI for a composite PDF. Otherwise do Joe's trick.

Fine!

Man, you are stubborn. Buy Odystar ($40,000 - $ $50,000). It will merge separated PDF's into composite. (Priceless) :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

David

hell, I'll do it for a measly one million dollars...

oh...

5 bucks, will you take 5 bucks?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on November 05, 2008, 12:26:31 PM
Quote from: G_Town on November 04, 2008, 03:37:29 PM

Fine!

Man, you are stubborn. Buy Odystar ($40,000 - $ $50,000). It will merge separated PDF's into composite. (Priceless) :laugh:

I know I've done it before between nexus and acrobat it was a trial and error thing problem is I'm swamped so I have no time to noodle around, guess I need to start writing stuff down.