Viewing PDFs in a web browser stopped working

Started by delooch, July 03, 2009, 08:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

anyone experience this recently?

WinXP/Acro 9 PRO..

suddenly get an error message trying to view PDFs in FF or IE:

"This Acrobat reader that is running cannot be used to view PDFs in a web browser. Please exit Acrobat and restart your web browser and start again."

Looks like the message is coming from Acrobat. Just thought it was a windows flub in that one box, until my laptop did the same thing 2 days later (running win7+FF). Going to try a "repair installation" and see what happens.

delooch

the repair fixed it. weird though, unless an auto-update did the damage, nothing has really changed.

Joe

Must have been something in Acrobat. Did you recently just do the 9.1 update on them?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

no, havent done that yet. updating software at work is flat out retarded. our firewall has everything locked down. i cant even do a manual download, cause it even blocks .zip, .exe, and about eveything else.

i have to d/l on a personal box, then xfer via usb. totally lame. ive bitched about this to our IT dept, and they really dont care. great internal customer service!

anyhoo, didnt think this was an issue until my lappy did the same thing. other boxes are ok though, perhaps i just have the magic touch today. should have stayed home with the wife..

frailer

Quote from: delooch on July 03, 2009, 09:05:40 AMshould have stayed home with the wife..

Wishful thinking on both counts, I bet.   Need I elaborate?      :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

delooch

Quote from: frailer on July 03, 2009, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: delooch on July 03, 2009, 09:05:40 AMshould have stayed home with the wife..

Wishful thinking on both counts, I bet.   Need I elaborate?      :laugh:

you know what im talking about..