Anybody seen this before?

Started by determined, April 21, 2010, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

determined,

I ran the file through the Pitstop PDF X/4 PDF profile and it came up with some interesting info about the corrupt font widths. Not sure what exactly that means but it could maybe explain the issue you were having.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

determined

That, and possibly the fact that I'm still running Acrobat 9.0

Thanks again for all the research, Joe. You da man  :wink:
Murphy must have been in printing....

determined

OK, so the plot thickens....I updated my Acrobat 9 to 9.2.0 (that was the only one available) and took the original file and flattened it.....NO SCREWED UP TYPE!!!  (Not that I will ever again try to "flatten" a file if I can help it....I will probably try to find another way around it now)   :tongue:

Joe

That's odd you only get the update to 9.2.0. Maybe check Adobe's download area and see if you can do the manual update. The lastest is 9.3.2.

determined

Yeah, I thought that was odd too  :huh:

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on April 22, 2010, 12:58:09 PMThat's odd you only get the update to 9.2.0. Maybe check Adobe's download area and see if you can do the manual update. The lastest is 9.3.2.

Until I upgraded to Snow Leopard, I didn't get any updates from Adobe for a while, I haven't upgraded to Acrobat 9 yet though either, but, maybe a possibility you can't utilize the 9.3.2 upgade without Snow Leopard?

Or Windows 7...

Joe

I'm running 9.3.2 here at work and we're running just plain old Leopard 10.5.8. I suppose it could be a PPC vs Intel CPU thing though. Maybe different updates depending on the CPU.

Edit: Oops, can't be that. Prepress managers mac is a quad core PPC running Leopard 10.5.8 with Acrobat 9.3.2.

Hmmm....

Grimace

like I said, not running 9, just throwing stuff out there. The typing makes me look busy when folks walk by here at work, oops, past 3:30! Time to go!

frailer

Acrobat 9 Pro 9.3.2    OSX 10.4.11   PPC.   Slo-o-ow...but, nevertheless.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

determined

Nope, just gotta update to 9.2.0 first, then you can update to 9.3.2 (gonna do that today)....

Still amazed that just an update would solve that problem....(even the fact that pitstop screwed it up amazes me).....

Joe

And sometimes trying to stay updated to the latest version will get you too. No winning in prepress. :sad:

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on April 23, 2010, 10:18:02 AMAnd sometimes trying to stay updated to the latest version will get you too. No winning in prepress. :sad:

I first read that as "whining"!!! :cheesy:

David

there's no crying in baseball!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca