52pp doc to one doc

Started by frailer, November 11, 2010, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Damn...Friday morning special. Dezinger has provided 52 pages (single). Not a train smash, as I can bring 'em into XMF OK etc... but swear there was a 'combine docs' feature in 9 Pro... :undecided: Not leaping out...I'll proceed without, but if anyone has the answer. I know I can Import into Indy with a Script, but prolly easier to bring into XMF as singles. Just PO'd about it, is all...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

boosted29

They are PDFs?

If so then its File>Combine> Merge files into single PDF.

Works for tiffs as well.

I hope I am answering what you are looking for :)

Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

Joe

Quote from: boosted29 on November 11, 2010, 03:51:59 PMThey are PDFs?

If so then its File>Combine> Merge files into single PDF.

Works for tiffs as well.

I hope I am answering what you are looking for :)

That's it. Almost all of my jobs come in as single page PDF's. I don't bother to combine them unless I need to do a correction to them all like an action list or something that needs to be applied to all of them. Prinergy is just going to split them back out to singles if I do combine them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks. I by-passed it in XMF. But good to know anyway. Shall have a look while it's proofing.   :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

'Combine'...how could I have missed it..too early?  Was worth doing just to watch it.    :laugh:

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on November 11, 2010, 04:43:13 PM'Combine'...how could I have missed it..too early?  Was worth doing just to watch it.    :laugh:

I use that one all the time, pay attention to the small, medium, large icons at the lower right, you could wind up with less than desired results and optimize something you didn't want to :) 
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Quote from: tpatterson on November 11, 2010, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: frailer on November 11, 2010, 04:43:13 PM'Combine'...how could I have missed it..too early?  Was worth doing just to watch it.    :laugh:

I use that one all the time, pay attention to the small, medium, large icons at the lower right, you could wind up with less than desired results and optimize something you didn't want to :)

:shocked:  Thanks

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on November 11, 2010, 05:11:45 PM

Good point. Always use the large one for prepress.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.