2nd interview - oh boy.

Started by t-pat, November 12, 2009, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Well, after looking on and off for over a year for another prepress job I am being called back for a 2nd interview at a place that might be suitable for me. Having mixed feelings about my current job as some days it is pretty ok, and other days I wonder why I even took it on.

Money talks I guess, if everything else is right and it puts me back to the wage I was accustomed to when I took on a hefty mortgage then maybe it is time for a change.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

determined

yeah, good luck....hope everything works out for you
Murphy must have been in printing....

tapdn

Best of luck to you tp... these things do tend to work out the way they should.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

t-pat

Quote from: tapdn on November 12, 2009, 11:13:35 AMBest of luck to you tp... these things do tend to work out the way they should.

Thanks everyone for the luck !
vdp donkey

Joe

Great to hear. Hope it works out.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Hmm, meeting with my boss today was weird. He's now talking about sinking resources into this division and doubling or quadrupling sales, which he said means possible 6 figure salary for me.

Smoke is getting in my eyes from being blown up my a$$
vdp donkey

Skryber

Maybe 6 figures means 0000.00 or maybe he just wants you to work 20 hours a day 365 days a year?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

t-pat

Quote from: Skryber on November 12, 2009, 03:46:29 PMMaybe 6 figures means 0000.00 or maybe he just wants you to work 20 hours a day 365 days a year?

Yeah lol.
I'm salary here and it's a seasonal business so it'd be difficult to find something to do that many hours a day. I have a hard time finding 8 hours of work to do off season sometimes. That will change though if I'm still here come January when our season starts up again.
vdp donkey

frailer

Sounds like you'll suss things OK. Whatever environment you end up in, there's a shed-load of experience here if you get in a jam. (Myself excluded from that group of folks... :laugh:).

Good luck in your decision. Carrots being dangled, by the sounds... :undecided:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on November 12, 2009, 04:25:34 PMSounds like you'll suss things OK. Whatever environment you end up in, there's a shed-load of experience here if you get in a jam. (Myself excluded from that group of folks... :laugh:).

I hope I can add to the experience as well as glean from it here. Sure are a bunch of smart folks here.

Yeah, the carrot thing. I really wonder where it's coming from. Just had my annual review, which was good, but did not include anything I could take to the bank (company wide freeze on increases, yadda yadda b.s.)

It's a lot to think about, bottom line is that I don't have a passion for this business, and there's one person here that I really cannot stand, I'm supposed to play nice with her, and this big future is hanging off her efforts as head of marketing. I don't have confidence in her abilities to do this, and I don't have confidence that she'd be replaced if she didn't perform as expected.
vdp donkey

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: tpatterson on November 12, 2009, 04:54:41 PM
Quote from: frailer on November 12, 2009, 04:25:34 PMSounds like you'll suss things OK. Whatever environment you end up in, there's a shed-load of experience here if you get in a jam. (Myself excluded from that group of folks... :laugh:).

I hope I can add to the experience as well as glean from it here. Sure are a bunch of smart folks here.

Yeah, the carrot thing. I really wonder where it's coming from. Just had my annual review, which was good, but did not include anything I could take to the bank (company wide freeze on increases, yadda yadda b.s.)

It's a lot to think about, bottom line is that I don't have a passion for this business, and there's one person here that I really cannot stand, I'm supposed to play nice with her, and this big future is hanging off her efforts as head of marketing. I don't have confidence in her abilities to do this, and I don't have confidence that she'd be replaced if she didn't perform as expected.

Blood-Sausage?
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Gut-level feeling is the way to go, prolly. Too many unknowns.  The inner game of prepress... :rolleyes:  And sounds like your gut-level is not likin' where you are.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 12, 2009, 05:06:52 PMBlood-Sausage?

Anyone who claims not to have 1, or 2, or...  is bullshitting.    :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian